Getting better?

At the start of this year I only really had one goal, and that goal was just to genuinely try to be Okay. Even though this is only the 3rd month of the year I already feel like I’m doing better especially considering the first few mounts of the year are when my seasonal depression tends to get worse. And even though I’ve still had some ups and downs it’s been easier to keep a brighter outlook in general, and at times it seems stupid how happy I am with the progress I’ve already made, but I am genuinely already doing better this year than I normally would be. Which makes me really proud. So, I guess I’m not 100% sure why I’m making this post but I am anyway.

Sorry if this post isn’t what you thought it would be, and if you’re reading I genuinely hope you have a good day(or night time zone pending).

2 Likes

Hey @Luca,

What an amazing, awesome, wonderful resolution you have for this new year! You’re heading to a path towards your well-being and I’m so glad to hear that it has been working for you despite the ups and downs. Seasonal depression is tough, it’s hard to handle the impact it has on your emotions, your energy and motivation… Yet you sound to be really determined to keep going on and try what’s the best for you.

Congratulations! You are absolutely right to be proud of yourself. I don’t know you but for what it’s worth I’m proud of you too. And to be honest your message brightens my day. :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing this.

Have a lovely day too! :heart:

2 Likes

Hey Luca, I think that’s great! Sounds like you’re doing a little bit better and that mattes! Progress! Don’t apologize for sharing that!

At the start of this year I didn’t make goals but I did kinda reflect on things I would like to improve on. A few of those things were.

1.) Trying to better be aware of how I emotionally react.
2.) Taking more time for self care
3.) Not letting myself sleep my depression away. To differentiate the need to rest and my mind just wanting to shut off when things are hard. Rest is good, but I also know that just sleeping everything away won’t help.
4.) Even though I already try to be, be more open to others and what they are going through and why they think and react to things the way they do.
5.) To better know when it’s good to say something and when to keep my mouth closed.
6.) Find more ways to get through my depression and days of struggle.

These are just some of the things I want to work and improve on. I mean, like you, I am doing pretty good, but none of us are prefect. We are going to have good days and bad days. Were going to have moments we slip. Were going to have those ups and downs. The most important thing is that we pick ourselves up and keep going. Dust off! :slight_smile: It sounds like you’re doing this.

One step at a time. Sometimes even if its just baby steps. Just know that when you are in a moment of needing help, that is okay. Never hesitate to reach out. There is a large community here. Many of who are ready to reach out. Are you in the discord? I encourage you to join it. <3 I’m glad you’re doing better. Keep fighting friend

• Kitty
2 Likes