Girlfriend problems

I genuinely feel like every girlfriend I’ve gotten has gone wrong because of something I did. What have I done? Nothing. I feel like it’s a curse I have or something. It just always goes wrong. Am i just looking too much into it?

Hey @WYA77. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

That really sucks, man. I’m glad you’re thinking about this though, it shows that you’re looking to grow and that’s always a good thing. I want to reassure you that relationships can break down for a lot of reasons. I’m sure you’re not cursed or poisoned or anything like that.

The feeling you mentioned in your first line,

could be coming up for a bunch of reasons. I don’t know your situation so I can’t tell you why, but I think it’d be worth examining that feeling to see what it’s trying to tell you. It might point you in the direction of something important, or maybe it’s something you’ll be able to let go of once you understand it more fully. That’s something I’m working on reminding myself at the moment: A lot of emotions are unpleasant to look at, but when you choose to look they’ve got a lot to tell you about yourself, and it can lead to a degree of peace with them.

In my experience there is always something we could’ve done better in our relationships. That’s fine though! Pobody’s nerfect. It’s part of being human. :slight_smile:
You’re on the right track: I think it’s worth taking note when patterns we’re not fond of repeat, and asking ourselves why they keep coming up. It could help to ask yourself some questions about what’s going on.
Do we choose people who are right for us? Do we talk about things that are bothering us? Do we tell people what we need and make sure those needs are respected? And do we extend that same courtesy to the people we’re with?
You could ask a million questions, but after a few you will start to paint a rough picture. Maybe your mates can offer some advice on this too, if you need a hand.

Good luck, friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. That helps a lot

2 Likes