God wants me to take a risk

Today, I go to church at my local hometown. My church has a big screen setup, and they done a livestream of the pastor’s sermon. We are connect it to the other big church. The pastor gave an excellent sermon about the Parable of the Dishonest Manager, poor plan is better than no plan, how it applies to us, taking risks, and having faith in God. God use him to speak to me that I need to take risk. What are the risks I need to take? Sharing the Gospel? Doing something I haven’t done before? I know God is good, but there are times I am not sure. Help?

The only thing I know is that God has a plan for all of us and gives us what we need when we need it… not when we want it. For me, it is a constant struggle to remind myself that God is working in all aspects of my life. Whether it is getting to work safely, supporting someone in my life, or paying the bills… God is behind everything. Sometimes when I forget to put God in the forefront of my mind I struggle to see Him. I have gone weeks in a rut, focusing on negatives, wondering if this was all I could provide. Then, I start small, I become grateful about everything… grateful that my clothes are soft, my air conditioning is blasting and not costing a fortune, that my kids are awesome, that my car is running… from there the prior mindset has left me wondering why/how I was even sad to begin with.

We are all blessed, tried, and supported in our own ways. The trick for me is to remember to look for it even when I don’t feel like I should.

Keep in touch!

1 Like