Good, Healthy methods to release anger?

Hey y’all,

As we are all aware, quarantine sucks. It is a serious mental, emotional and physical roller coaster for me. I still have the ability to work from home which I am blessed for, but between getting frustrated with work, and going up and down in motivation, it’s tough. Between these frustrations, being cooped up at home with the parents, not having any personal space, and so on, I find myself bottling up a lot of frustration, anger, and just being internally pissed off.

I work out regularly to keep up with my physical health, which does help ease this anger. But I’m reaching out to the forum to see if anyone has any good, effective, or easy methods that they know of or use regularly to help them calm these kinds of emotions. Any help would be much appreciated!

2 Likes

Quarantine does indeed suck. It’s certainly been a challenge to keep a balanced mindset and keep busy in healthy ways.

For me, things that have helped me get through the depression and anxiety of it all has been some of these things

• Watching the Heart Support streams. Including DanMakesHisMark and CaseyScreamsBack. The boys are always offering love, guidance, encouragement and understanding and trying to help us best help ourselves during this time.

• Art. Drawing and coloring. That’s been such a huge relaxing thing for a lot of us around the community. DanMakesHisMark has been contributing line art and making free coloring pages for anyone to download, print and color. Many around the community have also donated line art for this project and have been coloring together. If you’re interested, you can join us here:

• Connecting and talking with others has been a huge help. I play games with friends both personally and online. We voice chat and try to keep each other company. Which is important in the middle of all this. Are you in the Heart Support discord? You can connect to us here:
  • Watching movies and shows that feel good.

• Music.

• Blogging or journaling. This is something that I do privately and don’t share with friends. So that I have a safe place where I can express my mind and my heart. I have found that writing can be very therapeutic.

• Mini short term distractions. I set up a List of browser games that people can play when they need something to distract their brain. Nothing huge but it can be nice short term.

• Meditation. There are apps like HeadSpace, sites like RainyMood and even YouTube. All that can be mind calming activities. YouTube has lots of guided meditation. Taking 5-20 minutes to do that can make a huge difference to your mental health and anxiety

These are a few things that I turn to during quarantine when my brain starts to wander and anxiety and stress begins to kick in.

There are also things like BetterHelp which is an online counseling service that Heart Support is partnered with. You could take advantage of the 7 day free trial and have access to talking to someone around the clock. Either by texting with them or scheduling a voice call. https://www.betterhelp.com/heartsupport

I’m sorry that things have been feeling intense lately. I sincerely hope that things begin to feel better. I pray for strength , courage and peace.

:hrtlegolove: