Harassment in my work place and don’t know how to deal with it

Recently I started a new job and it was going all good till a couple weeks ago. There are a couple employees at my work who have constantly been attacking me verbally and a couple times physically. Almost everyday after work and sometimes during lunch breaks I get called so many hurtful things. Last week I got cornered by them and was punched several times by both of them I didn’t know what to do at the time I still haven’t said anything to my boss because they have threatened me multiples times. I just don’t know what to do I dreed going to work now and I’m scared to even be there.

This is a terrible situation and I am so sorry you have to deal with this. You absolutely don’t deserve to be treated this way. Even though it’s scary I highly encourage you to tell your boss and invite anyone who has witnessed this harassment to come forward as well. If they have harassed you via text or email you should bring that with you as proof. This is wrong and these people should be punished for treating you this way

2 Likes

Adam, your situation is awful can’t believe this is happening to you. The best thing to do if you have such a thing as HR is to contact HR. Tell your boss about it too. Getting more people on your side for this kind of stuff is majorly important for this kind of thing. I know this is scary and I know it sucks, but you can do this and you have the power to change this situation for the better.

Hold fast friend, you got this.

PMacDanceDude (Patrick)

1 Like

@Adam787 This is a not a good situation. I highly recommened reporting this to your HR and Boss and authorities. No one should ever Threaten a person at work or any where. You do not deserve that. This is now a legal problem since they have assaulted you. We at HS take this stuff seriously and want the best for you. I agree with PMAC that you have the power to take this and change this. Love you friend

Hold Fast

1 Like

You arent alone in this. My lead has verbally assaulted me about various topics including my parents being gay and a horrible break up that i had. He has also hit me with welding sticks and shoulder checked me into walls or the work truck. Youre very strong for continuing to fullfill your responsibilities if youre in an industry that has an h.r. department, go to them. They cant hurt you once you remove the power from them. Stay strong even when its scary and remember this, “this too shall pass” it helps me everyday.

2 Likes

Shit man that really crapy situation, I have been in that postion before, and it sucks. I know it easy said and done, but look that verbally abuse as useless words, beucase I left people word mess with my head and honestly i let get the best of me. Also those guys just see you as a easy target and that why they go after you. In additions they are just low life, beucase they have feel good by hurting which just show that they weak people.

If you could try to talk to your boss that b awesome, if not ( I know it not easy and it pain in the ass) But try find another job becuase you should not have to deal with that Harassment, work should be a safe place, you dont have to put yourself through that. Remevber you can find a new job, ( even if mcdonals) It better that have healthy work enviroment than money.

I did landscape for a year where they say I suck at my job, make feel like an whimp and one guy lit my pants on fire. It got to point where by winter, I decide to work at panera, even thou I made less moeny but I felt more in a safe place. However, the thing end happen again, but this found a job woth my uncle where the people act like me and it felt safe again.

Also, it try find some out whatever watching a moive, listening to music, yoga or anything. Side I was actlly thinking doing self defence or some form of boxing. Becuase even if you learn it mostly help you still up for yourself.

Most important, ( which trying learn how to do) is it too build your mental thoughness, It takes time, but you can build how mentaly tough you are, it come along way. That does not mean ignore your emitions, just mean try not let the words affect your actions. Please stay safe and It keep fighting man.

That sounds awful! I’m so sorry! You absolutely should speak up to your boss and very soon! I know it’s scary but this kind of behavior is not acceptable. If they are doing it to you, they probably will do it to someone else. They need to be stopped.

Gosh, you deserve to be treated with respect. I’m sorry that your co workers have crossed a line and hurt you.

Please get help my friend. Don’t stay silenced. Go to your boss and if you have to, file a police report!

Be safe

• Kitty
1 Like

Don’t stay there if you are being treated unfairly. If you don’t have another choice. Avoid those people and approach them in confidence but ignore them.