HeartSupport Fan #108

I want to lose weight but eating and food make me manic-ly happy. I always feel guilty after I eat

3 Likes

Hi Friend, I totally understand where you are coming from, when you use food as a way to cheer yourself up or to celebrate when you feel good you are in a no win situation. I have felt the same way about food pretty much my entire life and have tried almost every fad diet out there but there really is only one way to lose weight heathily and still eat the food choices that you want.
You have to put less energy into your body than you are putting out. Now then its an easy concept, im not saying its easy to do or we would all be our perfect weight. But if you could keep a check on the calories that you are putting in your body compared to how much you are likely putting out each day and then try to think of something else to reach for that can make you happy when you want to reach for food. I wish I had a magic formula for you, I wish I had one for all of us who love our food and find it the one thing that makes us happy. Keep trying and remember you are not alone and please dont let anyone talk you into spending lots of money on fad diets, they either do not work, they can be unhealthy unless you get the ok from your doctor and they can be very expensive. There is no magic tablet that will make you lose weight in a week. If you want to stay in touch and let us know how you are getting on I would love to hear from you. I truly wish you the best of luck. you can find us at https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/heartsupport
Lisa. x

1 Like

Man it’s such a struggle! Something I found so helpful is apps like BetterMe or Noom. It helps you reframe those feelings of “good” and “bad” foods to be able to enjoy cooking and eating. Labelling foods to me makes it harder because not only do I crave something sweet every now and again, the guilt is so defeating. So now instead of bullying myself and feeling like I’ve done the wrong things, I can enjoy something from time to time and know that it’s not going to ruin whatever I’m working towards. Not eating all together can be unhealthy too, i also found chatting with a dietician/nutritionalist so helpful. You can give your body the fuel it needs and you can even enjoy some treats and still work towards your goals

1 Like