HeartSupport Fan #110

I’ve been having a hard time with my dog who has health issues! I can’t eat or sleep because I’m so worried all the time she is an unregulated diabetic!

4 Likes

That’s gotta be rough. I have a cat who’s had multiple surgeries, and is prone to infections. Has the vet recommended a particular diet and feeding pattern? Regular exercise lowers blood sugar too. Take care of yourself, so you can take care of your dog.

1 Like

Gosh that’s so stressful! I know how much our fur friends mean, so I’m sending you a ton of love.

2 Likes

I am so sorry, your dog is so very special to you of course, Animals are our joy, Our source of uncondtitional love and we want to keep them well and happy. As @Wings says you must try to keep yourself well so that you can takre of your sweet dog, Diabetes is tough but I found a short paragraph for you.

How can I regulate my dogs diabetes?

The goal with your diabetic dog is to mimic a healthy dog’s glucose status. You want a normal rhythm with no clinical signs of too high or too low. That means a steady routine, ideally feeding your dog the same diet, at the same time every day. Plan your dog’s activity for each day.

Along with that I send you all my love and best wishes and hope that soon things will settle down for you all. Lisa. xx

1 Like

Oh friend, this must be so stressful and I’m sorry that you’re dog is having those health issues. Thankfully diabetes can be controlled but it must be quite a challenge when it’s for a dog. Our fur buddies hold such an important space in our life and it makes completely sense to fear that their health could decline or for their situation to become worse. Given the way you feel and talk about it, there is no doubt that your dog is in good hands with such a caring friend like you. I hope that, with time, you will both find a daily rhythm to handle this issue and feel more in control. Wishing you all the best and a lot of joyful moments ahead that no health issue would overshadow. <3

2 Likes