HeartSupport Fan #113

Constantly overwhelmed

3 Likes

Yeah - being constantly overwhelmed is a snare. Because then facing life with all of that weight only overwhelms you more. It scrambles your thoughts, it breaks your “focus filters” and makes you feel like you have to deal with all of life’s problems at once. It makes you feel fragile when facing the difficulties of life because your emotional resources are depleted. It’s like a Chinese finger trap. You panic, you pull, you get more stuck. The way out isn’t intuitive. It feels impossible and compounding.

I’m sorry you’re in that place, friend. I can relate a lot lately. Taking care of a foster kid who’s got high medical needs. Every day feels like dancing on this razor edge between hope and despair. Overwhelm plays a huge part of that.

Thank you for sharing. You are not alone

It is such a burden to feel like being constantly overwhelmed. It’s as if your energy levels were limited, and each day sooner than expected you realize that you already used all the physical and emotional resources that were available. Most of the time, it’s enough to handle what is necessary or essential, but at which cost? Such a slugish path to walk on, while desperately wanting life to just slow down. Just a clean state, a time to breathe deeply, to recharge without having to worry about anything.

So many times I’ve personally wished to have a reset button somewhere that could wash all the heaviness away. To become a blank page on which everything has to be written, where it is possible to cultivate curiosity and joy for what is to come. Only recently I’ve started to realize how much my “comfort zone” is made of stress, a deep sense of commitment and emergency that applies to all areas of my life. Hard to unlearn those habits and find stillness in silence, away from responsibilities, where one can meet themselves almost at a spiritual level.

I hope that this repeated experience of overwhelm is something that you can share with people in your life, so you can eventually strategize new routines or habits that would help you dedicate time to yourself, to your well-being. Even if it manifests only through 5 minutes of breathing and enjoying a warm coffee during the day. Life doesn’t stop it’s insane rhythm full of unexpected surprises sometimes, but I believe in you and in your ability to adjust in a way that would comprehend your emotional needs. <3

I get overwhelmed a lot too and so I have to take self care breaks. It depends on what is overwhelming you but perhaps you can find time to unwind doing something you like doing or even talking to someone about what is going on. I hope you find peace!

1 Like

Hi Friend,
thank you for reaching out.
being overwhelmed is a thing that a lot of people can relate to. i can definetily. there are so much things that often
add up to your day, to your situation or anything. to cope with it is always hard and difficult.
we all are different, we all cope different. try to take care of yourself more, do things you love and things that calm
you down. all is easier said then done, i know that.
for myself, music and drawing, nature and friends are often my mechanisms. also this community.
venting, writing things down to clear your mind, what you write down, what you visualize is out of your head for a
time.
remember yourself one thing, “all you have to do is breathe” . that is what matters most. YOU.
you are loved, and you will do great. you matter most :purple_heart:
fell overwhelmingly hugged over distance

1 Like

Im sorry that you are feeling that, I am sure everyone can relate to either bouts of that or long term issues so you are not alone. Please remember to take care of yourself in those times, look into self care and take those moments to breathe, those 30 mins just to sit and rest, read, or maybe a long bath, whatever it is that makes you feel restful and calm. this is so important for us all to keep our mind and bodies cared for. I wish you love and luck with what ever you are doing. x

1 Like

Feeling constantly overwhelmed is no joke. It can really take a toll on you mentally and physically. My friend, I don’t know what you have going on that is making you feel this way, but I know that you need to find ways to care for you. Making sure that you find time to disengage from stressors and all that pushes on you is important. Eating healthy, being active as able, staying hydrated, getting good sleep all help us deal with stress and overwhelm. Please be gentle with you my friend. As you are, hopefully you will be able to look up and see your way out of the constant feeling of being overwhelmed. You are loved.