HeartSupport Fan #74

I feel like I’m never going to find a job. Others around me have, and that discourages me from ever finding one. I really hate depression

3 Likes

Hey Friend! HeartSupport Houston replied to your post here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V169hB7AxGgfu3OngOT0eYFAkNMQuRmV/view?usp=sharing

We hope this helps in some way.

Hold Fast
Morgan

1 Like

Hey friend,

Thank you so much for reaching out here. It takes a lot of strength to do so, really.

I’m on the same boat as you, friend. Being depressed and looking after a job… it’s overwhelming, draining, even discouraging at times. Job hunting is already difficult in itself, but it takes another shape when there’s a depression on the top of it. It’s tough. How you feel makes sense.

I commend you for your bravery. For looking after a job despite the fact that depression itself can be this sneaky energy that keeps us from moving on. It’s remarkable that, even if you feel discouraged right now, you actually think about finding a job. And you know, even if people around you already have one, they also had to go through this difficult process of job hunting. It’s draining, full of uncertainty, overall it’s just scary to put ourselves out there, and I believe it’s the case for most people - nothing very funny or comfortable in reading annoucements again and again and going through job interviews. But even if the process itself is pretty shitty… it’s worth it. Everytime you put yourself out there is worth it. Everytime you try is worth it. There are many outcomes beyond our control when it comes to finding a job, so it’s important to just focus on doing what you can, day after day. The rest is beyond your control, which sucks, but that wouldn’t mean that you wouldn’t do enough or you’d never find a job. It’s just a tough process in itself.

Please be gentle with yourself. Give yourself grace while even just considering the idea of looking after a job. Just because it’s consuming and defeating at times, it’s really important to make sure that you keep taking care of your body, your heart and your mind while going through this.

You’ll get where you are meant to be, and it won’t be in a place hidden from the rest of the world. The right opportunities will happen in due time. Until then, keep trying, friend. YOU are worth the efforts it takes to live the life you want. I believe you and I can do this, eespite the hardships and obstacles, and even if we just need a bit of extra-hope during the toughest times. You can lean on this community to support you as well. You’re not alone. :hrtlegolove:

Depression can really get in the way of life sometimes. Even if you’re doing everything you can to find a job, not getting hired is discouraging, I’m sure. When I start to feel like everyone around me is doing better than I am, I have to remind myself that it’s not a contest. My only contest has to be with myself - am I doing my best is the question I face with depression every day. Sometimes it’s no. Sometimes it’s yes. But my best isn’t always the same as someone else’s. I hope you can extend some grace to yourself and just give it your best!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 212 days. New replies are no longer allowed.