HeartSupport_Fans Fans #157

This is a Topic from Instagram. In order to participate in these conversations, you need to sync with our Porter Instagram software here .

It’s about to be 2 years since I came out as trans and my family still doesn’t accept me

5 Likes

@jinxxsfallenangel I’m so very sorry that your family doesn’t accept you just as you are. It must have been quite a stressful journey for you to come out to your family, and I want you to be proud of the steps you’ve been taking for yourself. You ARE beautiful as you are and know that we love you here. I hope that your family will learn to overcome their own ignorance, or potentially fears, in order to finally see you: radiant, beautiful, full of life and so deserving of love. Sending plenty of virtual hugs your way.

2 Likes

Hello Friend, I’m sorry that your parents aren’t accepting that you’ve come out as trans. There is a lot of ignorance in the world and it’s not fair and makes no sense. I hope that you have friends that accept you and who you can lean on for support. I think if you are happy with your choices and yourself then that’s really all that matters. Be you because you matter! ~Mystrose

2 Likes

Do you have someone or a group of friends that can support you? Sometimes life doesn’t work out the way you planned or wanted it to, but it brings something else just as beautiful and wonderful. Find joy in each day. Create moments of peace and hope. You got this friend. :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Hi Friend, I am so sorry that your family have not been able to accept who you are, it seems so wrong, your blood family are meant to accept anything and everything regardless but sadly its not always possible so maybe you could find a new family in the friends you have that do accept who you are and that love you for it after all friends are the family we choose. Much Love lIsalovesfeathers. x

3 Likes

@jinxxsfallenangel it is brutal to feel like you put your life on the line to the people you love and they /can not/ accept you. Am I /so broken/ that you can’t love me? isn’t that your job, even if you don’t feel like it? Does that mean that I am just /especially/ fucked up, that you can’t even just accept me as I am? It doesn’t feel like you are asking for much. Just NOT to be hated, NOT to be judged. And yet, it feels like there are constant reminders in the way they speak, the way they handle things that hit like a thousand small cuts all keeping the wound open that you are not accepted and you are not loved. It is hard to not let that fester, when it feels like there is no hope of the wound ever closing. How do you get to a place where you aren’t constantly hurt? How do you change someone’s mind when you can’t make their choices for them? How do you get them to see you, to understand? It feels overwhelmingly hopeless. It is hard to get up every day knowing the gauntlet you’ll have to go through just to get to the end of the day.

1 Like

Oh friend. I’m so very sorry that your family has not been accepting you. Two years must have felt like such a long time already – too long. It’s heartbreaking that, until now, they have not been able to just love you as you are, to see in you the person they always knew, and always loved. That nothing has changed except that fact that you would feel now much more aligned with who you are, which is such a beautiful expression of your heart.

When you came out to them, you took a very brave step - and it’s unfair that it has to be something brave to do nowadays. In your own very own family, you would expect for unconditional love to be present. You want them to know you and not through the masks they would want you to wear. You want for love ot be met with authenticity - and that’s how it should be. It’s so hard to be forced to grieve a relationship out of a lack of acceptance on their end. It leaves you with no choice and so many doubts at the same time. It’s like putting a different light on the story that has been shared with them… It’s so brutal.

You did what was right at the time, and I’m truly sorry that until now it has led to adverse reactions in your family. Hopefully, one day, they will be able to see how beautiful you are. That the fact that you now embrace your identity is a strength, an important element of your personal happiness, and not something to ever feel guilty or ashamed of. You being yourself, being true to your heart, feeling aligned in your identity, is just how it should be.

I’m personally proud of you for coming out and for your personal growth. No reaction that leads towards rejection or lack of acceptance will ever define you. It will never reflect your worth or how much you matter - even when those reactions stem from family, or the people closest to us. You matter. You have worth in this world. You are loved right here and right now. :orange_heart:

Hey! It must be super challenging not having the acceptance, love and support of your family around you. You truly do deserve support, love and care, especially after being brave enough to come out as trans. The trans community are very supportive and they will welcome you with open arms, but I believe that things will improve with time and understanding :hugs: