HeartSupport_Fans Fans #158

This is a Topic from Instagram. In order to participate in these conversations, you need to sync with our Porter Instagram software here .

Thank you @rickyxolson Recently I was promoted into a new role at work and I struggle with extreme OCD and anxiety. Needless to say I’m at war with myself constantly and am stressing to an unhealthy level. It’s hard to try to lean on my coworkers because I always feel like I’m failing by not being able to do it all myself. I’ve had to learn to ask for help and not try to beat myself up over it. We are all only human and it’s okay to not be okay.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your struggles & supporting others that read your comment. You are amazing and I am thankful that you are in this world. We live in a world that presses in on every side and doesn’t let up. Keep on fighting. You are strong. You are valid. You are enough. You matter, so heckin’ much! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Thank you for your comment, congratulations on your promotion, its amazing that you have been able to do all this whilst coping with ocd and anxiety, You should be so proud of yourself and yes indeed it most definately is ok to not be ok. Good luck with your new Job. Lisa. x

2 Likes

Hi friend, your comment made me think about my partner and how it takes him a little bit longer to learn something. Asking for help is a courageous thing to do and I have a lot of respect for you. I’m glad you don’t beat yourself up about it, because you matter and are very important.

2 Likes

I can definitely relate to feeling like a failure for not doing it all on your own, but I guess we would never expect that from anyone else. For some reason we have unfair expectations on ourselves that really can be unrealistic.
You are absolutely valid in your boundaries and limitations, you are valid needing support and needing a hand to reach out to.

4 Likes

Hi there!

Congratulations on the promotion! I hope it goes well for you :relieved:

I’m so sorry to hear that your battling a war with your mental health, but please be assured that you will win this war and that life will get better soon.

As for not leaning on your co-workers. That’s okay, but it’s not your job to do everything. Asking for help is not a weakness. In fact, it takes a lot of strength to ask for help and not get beaten up by it. It’s great that you recognise this.

I hope these words are useful!

3 Likes

Hello, thank you for sharing with us. It’s incredibly difficult when it feels like we’re unable to get stuff done – when we need to lean on others for help! I know how easy it is to start beating ourselves up and feeling like a failure when we need to lean on others for help, even though that’s such an important skill in life that should be a source of pride. Everyone needs help from others. With that said, those feelings are valid and you’re completely right – it’s okay not to be okay, even if it sure doesn’t feel good in the moment. Thank you again for sharing and for being here – I appreciate you. -Tuna

2 Likes

Hello friend, thank you for talking about your struggles with opening up to your co-workers. It’s really hard for some people to open up anyway, but being at war with yourself must make it extremely hard and I’m sorry you’re experiencing this stress. Having OCD and anxiety sure doesn’t make it easy and I can see why it’s so difficult to reach out. I hope that you can talk to your doctor or maybe find some things online that can help you figure out how to cope in a healthy way. I wish you all the best and you matter!

1 Like

Hey Friend, Congratulations on your promotion that is a wonderful achievement. I cannot imagine how hard you work when you are battling with work, ocd and anxiety, it must truly take its toll on you. You know it really is ok to lean on others, co workers, friends, family whomever you need to get you through. Also if you are finding anything difficult talk to your boss, they are there to assist you so that you can do a job for them. If you have a good boss they will do all they can to help you to make your working life more comfortable.
I think its wonderful that you are trying so hard as a lot of people just give up but please do not torture yourself, get some assistance and if you can get therapy try that too and get some coping techniquies. You work hard and you deserve the very best life you can have. I wish you all the best Lisa.x

1 Like

Yes, so hard to feel like you have these high expectations when you’re starting to work at a new job position. You realize very quickly that learning is also part of the process, and there are many things you are not expected to be able to do right away. But it’s really challenging to ask for help, especially in a work environment, where there is this pressure of somehow “proving” yourself and what you’re capable of. As you said so very well, we’re all only human though, and it’s normal to ask for help at times. Actually, there is something beautiful in acknowledging what you can’t do at a given time, as it opens the door for learning and active growth. It’s also very strong of you to acknowledge it as you did here. What you can’t does not mean you are not capable, that you would be weak, or that you would be failing at what you’re doing. Little by little, you will progress at your own pace and, one day, you’ll look back at this time of your life and see how much you have learned and accomplished in the meantime! Congrats on the promotion by the way - this is the beginning of an exciting journey, and I hope the anxiety will give more room to joy of doing what you do over time. You got this.

2 Likes