HeartSupport_Fans Fans #160

This is a Topic from Instagram. In order to participate in these conversations, you need to sync with our Porter Instagram software here .

I struggle every day with my PTSD from being in an abusive marriage. Physical and mental abuse have left horrible, disturbing memories that I will never be able to fully escape from.

4 Likes

@amethyst_rain_2019 hey friend. Trauma is difficult, isn’t it? It’s like even though you physically escaped the situation, in your head it sometimes feels like you can’t. I hope you manage to find the right help for it, you’re worthy of escaping those memories.

1 Like

Wow friend, I can’t even imagine how hard that must be. I just imagine the strength it took to leave that relationship, and how hard it must have been, and I know that it is this same strength that will get you through this. I know it feels impossible when these memories come flooding back and when they do it feels real all over again. It feels like you’re right back there in the abuse. I hope you are safe now and are able to find someone all of the support you need. I hope you always know that you didn’t deserve any of this. There is hope to escape these feelings and memories just like you escaped your abuser. You are so strong. This community is here for you if you need anything.

3 Likes

Hi there, that sounds like such a struggle. Being in an abusive relationship for such a long time must have been very challenging and I’m proud of you for reaching out and discussing that. I hope that, as time goes on, you build many more positive memories to displace the negative ones. You are valued, cared for, and I’m wishing you all the best. You got this. <3

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to HeartSupport! That is so wonderful that you managed to get away from that marriage and relationship. I hope that you can continue moving forward away from the scars it left and find your happiness in the future. You are such a strong person. Find those things that bring you joy and make you feel safe and continue being your amazing and awesome self. You are worthy of love and kindness and I hope you find people who will reveal themselves to be true and worthy of your love in return. You matter. :hrtlegolove:

4 Likes

PTSD is hard and leaves those internal scars that are hard to break free from. I hope that time brings you so much more to remember and enjoy than these memories. You’re amazing for fighting your way out of there.

4 Likes

Hi Friend, I’m so sorry that you were in an abusive marriage, I can relate unfortunately. I just want you to know how strong I think you are for getting out of that situation and I hope that you can find some healing. It is possible, I promise. Take care ~Mystrose

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your struggle with PTSD and the abuse you have survived. You are a survivor. With that please take care of you and give yourself grace to heal and work through the trauma you have been through. Counseling, friends, and good self care are so important. You are right, you won’t forget but I hope that with time you can put the memories where they belong and find the peace you deserve. You are strong and you are loved here at Heart Support.

3 Likes

As a child that grew up in a household that wasn’t quite ideal, I am proud of you for leaving that situation. I know it can be overwhelming and difficult, but you are amazing. I hope you can find some peace and hope in these moments. Reach out for help when you need it. Find moments of sunshine. You deserve it. Thank you for being a part of this world. You are strong. You are valid. You are enough. You matter. :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. Though I don’t know what you are going through now, what I can say is that with time, the wounds should heal. The memories will still be there, bit each day, you will be able to take some more step in the path to healing from it. Your past does make up part of what you are, but you can shape what that looks like. Where can you go from here? It may not be easy, but each day, look for what direction you want to move. You got this.

4 Likes

hey friend, i’m so sorry you’re struggling with the PTSD following the horribly abusive marriage you suffered in. memories of negative experiences seem to haunt us at the worst times. while i wish there was an easy way for people to erase bad memories, my biggest wish right now is for you to hopefully make good memories in the future to outweigh the bad ones. do something special for yourself, spend time with loved ones, maybe even adopting an animal that makes you feel safer in your home. i believe in you to do what you need to do to feel safe and to one day rise above everything. hold fast, my friend. love, twix

3 Likes

Hello ,
I cant say I understand you but I can imagine how hard it must been for you to suffer through it and hang in there. None of the human being should ever suffer through these. Just keep in mind that you matter, you are important and you are loved. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon!

3 Likes

@amethyst_rain_2019 I’m sorry to here this. I have PTSD as well, I developed it because of my chronic illness (Crohn’s disease) which I was diagnosed with at 6 years old. Although the causes of our ptsd are different, I can understand how hard it is waking up and dealing with it day to day. But we are fighters and so strong. If you would ever like to chat about anything I am always here :). One step at a time :heart:

1 Like

Hey friend. Thank you for being here today. Thank you for pushing through, for surviving when you needed it, for never letting this experience take the best of you. You have known a relationship that was highly traumatic to you, you have experienced a type of hurt and pain that no one should ever experience. But you have survived. You are standing still today, and you are sharing your voice, what happened, your vulnerability. It has taken a lot of strength and energy from you to get to this very point of being here and sharing on this IG post today - and I really wanted to take the time to acknowledge it. From a personal standpoint, I deeply relate to the struggle of recovering from traumatic events and abuse. It feels like a daily war that is forced against you while you are only trying to find your way in this world. The violence that was turned against you is something you never deserved to know. Each step that you’ve been taking and will keep taking for your own healing is worth it. Some days, it’s going to feel easier and more natural to take care of your heart. Other days, it’s going to feel like even just getting out of bed is impossible. Both are okay - and in all of these instances, you are growing, healing, recognizing things that were not okay, and reclaiming your very own right to BE. Trauma recovery is such an ungrateful, messy process. So very often I personally feel like the wounds I carry have are always five steps ahead of me while I’m still figuring out things that bring me back to unpleasant memories, sensations, places. It is such a strong challenge of our patience - the one we are willing to give to ourselves while navigating the waves of unwanted reminiscence - could they be physical or emotional.

The story cannot be changed, and as you said so very well there are memories we need to accept as being part of our journey. But as vivid it can feel at times, it didn’t break us. You my friend have not been defeated by the person who had hurt you before. You deserve safety, care, healing, and all the time you need to replace these memories where they need to be. You are more than your trauma, and I wish for you to rediscover how beautiful you are, day by day, and through every step you will keep taking for yourself. There will be a time when the world, your body, your mind, others won’t feel as unsafe as it does right now. You will reclaim and feel ownership of your life again. You deserve it truly, and you have the resources within to get there. I believe in you wholeheartedly.

Hi Friend 🩵💛

I’m truly touched by your courage in sharing such a deeply personal and painful experience. I want you to know that you’re not alone in this journey, and there’s a community of people who care about your well-being and want to support you.

Living with the aftermath of an abusive marriage can be incredibly challenging, and it’s completely understandable that you’re dealing with the lasting effects of physical and mental abuse. It’s important to recognize that healing from such trauma is a process, and it can take time. Your strength in facing these memories is a testament to your resilience.

Please consider seeking professional help if you haven’t already. Therapists and support groups can provide valuable tools and a safe space to work through your PTSD. You deserve to find peace and happiness, and with the right support, it’s possible to regain control over your life and gradually lessen the impact of those haunting memories.

Remember that you are loved and valued, and there are people who want to see you thrive and find joy. If you ever need someone to talk to or if there’s anything specific you’d like to share or discuss, please feel free to reach out. Your journey to healing is unique, and your strength in sharing your experience is a beacon of hope for others who may be facing similar challenges.

Hope this is of some use to you :hugs: