HeartSupport_Fans Fans #171

This is a Topic from Instagram. In order to participate in these conversations, you need to sync with our Porter Instagram software here .

I’ve had cptsd since I was 12 years old and there’s still days where I feel like I’m fighting to be here to feel present and fully aware of my surroundings some days the intrusive thoughts are so loud I can’t speak so I paint, others you wouldn’t know I have cptsd and social anxiety it’s a never ending battle to find a balance between the chaos and pain that is cptsd and being strong independent and alive you’re not alone in this battle my dear friend

2 Likes

Hi Friend, I’m so sorry that you’ve suffered from CPTSD since you were so young. I can relate to some of what you’ve talked about and I think painting is a great coping skill. I like to color. If you feel like it, take a look at Mindfulness. It’s a coping skill that brings you into the present and grounds you. It works for me when I cannot connect with my surroundings. take care! ~Mystrose

1 Like

(“I think that we are like stars. Something happens to burst us open; but when we burst open and think we are dying; we’re actually turning into a supernova. And then when we look at ourselves again, we see that we’re suddenly more beautiful than we ever were before!” ― C. JoyBell C.) I found this quote a little while ago and it felt right to share it with you. Thank you for sharing your story with us. You are strong. You are valid. You are enough. You matter. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Hi Friend, I am so sorry that you have such hard days sometimes dealing with cptsd, I cannot even begin to imagine how hard it is to live with that and social anxiety on top of it . You have had to manage a lot and no one should have to do that. I am glad you find solace in painting, art is a wonderful to find some peace in your mind. You are right about not being alone and at Heartsupport we make sure no one is alone. We let everyone know that they matter and that they are loved. Take care. Lisa x

1 Like

Thanks for the message of encouragement. I think having such an artistic outlet is indeed helpful.