HeartSupport_Fans Fans #200

This is a Topic from Instagram. In order to participate in these conversations, you need to sync with our Porter Instagram software here .

My piercer, hair dresser, and tattoo artits are all loving my increasing mental instability. However I’m hating the fact that I’m slowly losing my mind

1 Like

@princesspgd you are so important and I hope that you have a chance to talk about how you’re really feeling. You matter so much!

1 Like

Oh dear, I hear you. I have yet to get my first tattoo but surely feel that this could be yet another can of worms to me, just like obsessions about my hair and piercings. There is something fulfilling and comforting in the possibility of change and control that all of those things bring to us, but as you describe somehow it also tends to be a bandaid on things that we need to generally address differently. There is already a lot of strength for being aware of this, of how you feel, and even of how you feel about how you feel! There is strength as from there you can use this perspective at your own advantage and maybe allow yourself to seek different kind of help. Therapy can be, for example, extremely helpful, even if quite intimidating at first. If you ever need to talk, Heartsupport’s community is a safe place to share what’s on your heart. You will never be judged, shamed or rejected for having a hard time. Only people who genuinely care for one another. Take good care of yourself – there is only one like you in this world, and your presence is a blessing in the life of many.

Hi Friend, That sounds a bit like maybe you are covering up your concern in front of people and they are not seeing that the way you are feeling is worrying you? I am sure if they had an idea you felt this way there would be no enjoyment on their end. Have you talked to anyone about how you really feel? I would encourage you to speak to your Doctor or Health professional about how you are and see if there is anything they can do to help, it cant feel nice to feel like you are losing you mind when all around you think its a joke. If we can help in anyway please post on our support wall and we will do our best to support and encourage you. much Love Lisa x

1 Like

Hey friend!

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re going through such a tough time, but I want you to know that you’re not alone in this. It takes immense strength to acknowledge your struggles, and it’s okay to seek help and support when you need it.

Your piercer, hairdresser, and tattoo artist may have noticed changes in you, but remember that their care and appreciation for you come from a genuine place of concern. It’s a testament to the connections you’ve built with them.

Please consider talking to a mental health professional or reaching out to a trusted friend or family member. You don’t have to face this journey alone, and there is hope for better days ahead. Your willingness to confront your situation is a courageous step, and I’m proud of you for that. You deserve compassion, understanding, and the opportunity to regain stability and happiness. :muscle::star2::heart:

I hear you on that. The amount of times I catch myself having the urge to go to the piercer and hairdresser at times is insane. I often have to resist the urge to cut my hair by myself just because I contemplate this need for change without realizing at the moment that it is misplaced - the change needs to happen somewhere else, and not in my appearance. There is something really strong though in the fact that you are aware of this pattern, and that you are able to identify it when it is happening. Many times when we are struggling, we are more inclined to let ourselves go down this road and feel completely immersed in it. Having this ability of seeing things from the outside, with a larger perspective, is a huge sign of self-awareness and growth - it may not have been something you were always able to do, but you are now, which can make a huge difference in how you choose to respond to these urges and needs. It puts you in a position where you can slow down, and start responding to your current situation rather than reacting to it. I obviously don’t know what’s been difficult for you lately or what is making you struggle, what are the things that make you feel like you are losing your mind. But I certainly see your strength just right here in this comment - you have resources within to not only name things, but to also find your way out of it while being kind to yourself. It’s a dirty path but to dive into our pain and to plant new seeds of healing, and I would imagine that these days you’ve been feeling all of it. Although it is a journey that can become your strongest backbone, as you learn to assert your needs and address them one by one. I hope that, with time, you will allow yourself to pause, reflect, feel what needs to be felt, as well as to keep reaching out if you need it. Know that you have a safe place for it at Heartsupport, and we’re all rooting for you during this difficult season.