HeartSupport_Fans Fans #224

This is a Topic from Instagram. In order to participate in these conversations, you need to sync with our Porter Instagram software here .

Trying to manage being pregnant and single, and all that requires. No support or communication with the dad as he’s very unstable and unsafe. For the most part, I’m navigating it ok, but there are moments where it’s much harder. I’m learning to ask for and accept help, which is new for me as I’m always the one who “fixes” things for everyone else.

2 Likes

be proud of yourself, managing this is, is suppose extremely hard. it is ok to receive help, you deserve that. friends will be there for you, as you were for them. i wish you everything good in this world, also for your baby. stay healthy and safe and have a nice day

1 Like

Hi Friend, Congratulations on your pregnancy. It certainly sounds like you have a lot going on but you are being a trouper and should be really proud of yourself. I am so glad that you have been able to ask for help and have felt happy to do so, its a strange feeling to wear a shoe on the other foot isnt it? but it seems you are doing it well and managing even in those tougher moment. Remember to keep reaching out for as long as you need to, we are also here if you need us. Good luck with everything. Much Love Lisa. x

It is such a rough process to learn to transition from the role of the helper to the one being helped. It is sometimes a rough lesson of vulnerability and humility, as we learn to acknowledge our own needs and the legitimacy of it, of ourselves. I am not a parent myself and can only imagine how it is to live this pregnancy without the dad by your side. Not only this is about one part of a personal journey that we generally want to be joyful, but it’s also a crucial time to feel supported by the people we love. I truly commend you for keeping on and not letting this absence defeat you. You truly are going to be an amazing parent, showing to your little one how much it is important to be vulnerable, to allow help in our life when we need it the most. When you learn to do it for yourself, you also provide a beautiful example of strength and resilience. I’m proud of you for allowing yourself to accept that receiving help is okay, not just for everyone else, but for you as well. <3

I’m glad you are asking for help. I hope you feel comfortable and safe. That’s what both you and your child deserve.

1 Like

Hi there!

I want to start by saying how incredibly brave and strong you are for sharing your journey and reaching out for support. It takes a lot of courage to open up about such a challenging situation, and I truly admire your resilience.

Pregnancy can be a beautiful yet demanding time, and it’s clear that you’re facing unique challenges while doing it on your own. I want you to know that you’re not alone in this. There is a vast community of people who have walked similar paths, and we are here to offer you our empathy, encouragement, and support.

It’s admirable that you’re learning to ask for and accept help. Remember that seeking assistance doesn’t diminish your strength; it’s a testament to your wisdom and self-care. Sometimes, being the one who “fixes” things for everyone else can be draining, and it’s essential to prioritize your well-being during this significant life transition.

As you navigate this journey, try to lean on friends and family who may be willing to provide a helping hand or a listening ear. It’s okay to rely on your support network; they care about you and want to see you thrive.

Regarding the challenging situation with the dad, prioritizing your safety and the well-being of your child is paramount. If you ever feel unsafe or in need of legal advice, please consider reaching out to local resources or organizations that specialize in supporting single mothers in similar circumstances.

Remember that you have already demonstrated incredible strength, and you possess the inner resources to handle whatever life throws your way. Your journey may be filled with moments of difficulty, but it’s also filled with the potential for growth, joy, and love as you welcome your child into the world.

Please continue to reach out whenever you need to talk or if you’re seeking advice or support. You’re not alone in this, and there are many caring people ready to stand beside you on your journey. Sending you warmth, strength, and hope for a brighter future ahead. :two_hearts::star2:

1 Like

Well done for practicing reaching out more and more. It makes complete sense that some days just hit you harder than others. You are, without a doubt, a true warrior and you are determined to move forward despite the challenges that have been arising in your life. I can only imagine how difficult it is to navigate pregnancy without the dad’s presence and emotional support - you have for sure all of our respect here. Although it is also okay to be strong by embracing your vulnerability when it shows up. Through the good and bad days, you are whole, you are resilient, you are magnificent, and you deserve all the support that you would need, at any given time. I hope that, moving forward, your pregnancy goes well and that you can cultivate moments of joy and contemplation between the times of stress or worries. You are going to be an amazing parent and be a beautiful example to your child. Sending many virtual hugs and friendly thoughts your way.

@heartsupport @rickyxolson thank you! She is now 8 months old! :scream: Healthy beautiful and happy. It has been quite the journey. Postpartum was by far the worst as I had a very traumatic birth on top of it all. I thought I was going to die many times over. It’s a hard enough experience to go through, let alone the added trauma, absence abuse and chaos from the father, and absence of family support. My work closed two months after my return from maternity leave, debts piled up, thousands of dollars in attorney fees, tens of thousands in medical bills, postpartum depression…:sweat_smile: just everything you can imagine. It was brutal and it was ugly. But we made it! There’s still stuff to figure out and adjustments to make, but the days are brighter than they were. Sad that I’m no longer able to travel around and see @rickyxolson and the guys @motionlessinwhite like I used to, but maybe some day!

1 Like

It’s one day at a time, little steps each day. Then whey you look back at the past month, you see how far you have gone

1 Like

Oh thank you so much for sharing these updates! It sounds that life has really thrown at you pretty much every obstacle possible all at once… I can only imagine the sense of relief you must feel now that most of it is behind you. Like having the possibility to breathe deeply again - how needed! Especially after leading on so may fronts! 8 months already, goodness! I wish you all the best moving forward as well as to your little one. You are an amazing mom!!