HeartSupport_Fans Fans #225

@rickyxolson I’m glad there is a day for mental health because I’ve been dealing with this my entire life. Right now I’m a single mom of two kids and everyday it’s a struggle to keep going and not give up at times when I know that would be the easy way out. That’s why music is a big part of my life. Linkin park especially has helped me through my difficult times as a child and I know that I could always count on them to help me through whatever I was going through at that time. Rip Chester.

3 Likes

I lost my mother when I was younger, I lost a lot of family and even tried to let go myself. Seeing your post really hit me and made me feel so grateful that we aren’t alone and that there are people like yourself who have also made it through dark times and thoughts. There is hope and there is life. I hope that your life is something you can find worthy of celebrating.

3 Likes

Every day can be Mental Health Day! I’m glad you find company and encouragement in music. Music and suffering seem to be places where we can connect with one another irregardless of our convictions and values. Thank you for taking care of your babies in spite of your own struggles. Love your littles like you wanted to be! Be the best you can! I hope you can find some face to face support where you live, but you can always come here. There’s love and support for you~

2 Likes

Music is SO amazing when it comes to mental health. It can invoke so many emotions. So many bands have helped me through difficult times, such as Twenty One Pilots, Fear Factory and so many more. LP was another band that helped me as well, and even after Chester’s death, seeing the path of Mike Shinoda coping with his loss and using that to help others is so amazing to me.

2 Likes

Hey welcome to Heartsupport.
I cannot imagine being a single parent of two children, I cannot imagine being a parent full stop, it must be such hard work and I admire you greatly. I am sorry for the loss of Chester and I hope the music that you love so much continues to carry you through the times in your life that you need it and the memory of chester lives on through that music. Lisa x

2 Likes

Hey there, parenting is a difficult job especially when you are a single parent. I just wanted to let you know that you’re doing great! Make sure you recognize that what you’re doing the best you can given the circumstances. Don’t forget to give yourself some credit!

3 Likes

I always enjoyed LinkinPark’s music myself. It has also helped me through some hard times in my past struggles. Keep doing what will help you through this hard time like this listening to music that resonates. Also think of how strong your two kids think their mom is for how hard she works to provide and lead.

3 Likes

Hey friend. You’re a warrior. Being a single mom is a real challenge in itself and there is no doubt that you are trying out your best out there. It makes sense to want to give up at times and to have this little voice in the back of your head that tries to remind you that this could be an option. It’s the exhaustion speaking, it’s a cry from your heart. Although beyond the thought of ending it all, what is also shouting out is that you may need (and deserve) support through all of this. You have been leading upfront the responsibility of being a mom, on your own, and like a real champion. There is no doubt that you love your children very much and that they are so very lucky to have you. But it’s also okay to be tired and to openly say “I’m not okay”. If I may ask, is anyone supporting you in your life? Not necessarily practically, but at least having a person you could talk to when you need. It’s so important that you could just let things out when you feel like you’ve endured too much for too long. Your voice/your exhaustion absolutely deserves to be heard. And you deserve to feel much less alone in your life.

If you need that kind of space in your life, please know you have one here at heartsupport - and especially on our anonymous forum. There are seasons of life that don’t need to be walked through just on our own. You are not alone, friend. Sending friendly thoughts your way. <3

Hi there :musical_score:

I’m truly glad that there is a day dedicated to mental health awareness too, and I want to commend you for your strength and resilience throughout your life’s journey. Being a single mom of two kids is undoubtedly a challenging role, and I admire your determination to keep moving forward, even when the going gets tough.

It’s beautiful to hear that music, especially Linkin Park, has been a source of solace and support for you. Music has a remarkable way of speaking to our emotions and providing comfort during difficult times. It’s wonderful that you’ve found a reliable and comforting companion in their music.

Remember that you’re not alone on this path, and there are people who care about your well-being, both in your life and in the wider community. It’s okay to seek help when you need it, and taking care of your mental health is just as important as looking after your kids. If you ever want to talk or share more about your experiences, please feel free to do so. You’re doing an incredible job, and I’m here to offer support and encouragement whenever you need it. :star2: