HeartSupport_Fans - life-lets-us-learn-to-pretend-we-always-act-easy-a

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/34069
Life lets us learn to pretend, we always act easy and happy in front of others, covering up our inner fear and sadness. When we wrap ourselves up so tightly, we’re protecting ourselves. We’re afraid that our most vulnerable parts will show up. I admire those who dare to admit that they are vulnerable, unfortunately, I am not. Most of the time I put on a good show. I’m very fragile inside. I get anxious. However, I know what I fear most in my heart, and I am eager to overcome it. But it takes time, time to convince yourself to overcome these frailties. There must be light at the top, and we must see it!

4 Likes

hi friend, you know what makes you feel that way, that is a good thing. reaching out, speaking out your
worries also may help, be sure that they are people out there who care, if you ever need someone, we
will be here. you can do this, and overcoming you fears. have a nice day and thank you for sharing.

4 Likes

it can be hard to be vulnerable, you’re right. It feels like if we open that part of ourselves it can feel like anyone can hurt us. Fortunately there are so many good people too. People like in this community who offer love and support free from judgement and who don’t seek to use our vulnerabilities against us. You matter incredibly

2 Likes

Hello there,

I want to commend you on reaching out for love & support. HeartSupport is filled with people that want to extend that to every post. Would it be helpful to post directly on the wall? I know it has helped me grow closer with people in the community & just realize how much it helps me process things. Thank you for being so brave. Thank you for being you.

You are valid. You are strong. You are enough. You matter.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

1 Like

You describe so beautifully (and rightly) this strange paradox between knowing that something is the right thing to do, the healthy step to take, yet feeling conflicted by tons of fears and anxiety. Vulnerability, sharing what’s on our heart, removing our social masks can really be a learning process, especially in a world that pushes us all to keep up appearances. Your words are very inspiring, encouraging, and I hope that you are going to follow your intuition when you say that you are eager to overcome your fears. Being your true self with others is possible in safe spaces just like at Heartsupport. Your vulnerability is a gift, an invitation to know yourself better and enlarge your perspective over others experiences. Nothing to be ashamed of when it’s about being profoundly human. You in yourself are enough just as you are.

2 Likes

Being vulnerable is pretty hard for a lot of us. You are being vulnerable writing this and that’s really great. The Heart Support forum is a place where you can be anonymous and talk about anything you want or need to without judgement. You can find the link for it on the Heart Support site. We’d love to help support you! Take care! ~Mystrose

2 Likes

Hi there friend,

You’ve taken a big step here to admit you feel vulnerable and fragile. I hope you realise you are just as brave and admirable as the people you say you admire for their openness.

This community will always be here to listen as you continue on your journey and you’re right that that journey may take time. Be kind and understanding with yourself. You’ve already taken a massive leap in being open here. Please know how much you are admired for that. x

2 Likes

Hi Friend, I agree with you that it is to pretend to be one way in front of people and just pretend everything is ok when inside sometimes you are just crying out for someone to help or stuck in a dark place and cannot find any light ahead. It can be frightening to show that side of ourselves for fear of being seen as weak and vunerable (I dont know why vunerablility is such a bad thing to show but still) That is the wonderful I have found in our Support wall, you can say what you like and it is ok because its an annonymous forum where you can be yourself but no one knows who you are, however they still support and care for you. Im so pleased you have written about this and I hope its the first step in saying all that you do want to say about how you feel, I would love for you to come to the heart support wall and write more about your feelings and your life. There is a light at the top and I hope you are on your way to finding it. Much Love Lisalovesfeathers. x

1 Like