Heartsupport i always try to find someone who i ca

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Forty Six and 2 by Tool
@HeartSupport I always try to find someone who I can love and lift up to a better place, but they keep dragging me down. I’m currently trying to find a way to break the cycle, to no avail

2 Likes

Hi @HeartSupport_Fans,

It’s awesome that you are trying to support someone but your happiness matters the most. If the person is making you depress, you need to take a break from them. In order to break the cycle, you have to choose to leave or support the person.

1 Like

Hey friend!

It sounds like you’re a very caring and supportive person, but it’s important to establish healthy boundaries in your relationships. Sometimes we fall into patterns without realizing it. Take a step back and reflect on your past relationships. Is there a common thread in the people you choose or how the relationships progress?

Remember, you can’t pour from an empty cup. Make sure you’re taking care of your own physical and mental well-being. This could involve things like getting enough sleep, eating healthy, exercising, and spending time on hobbies you enjoy.

Regardless, you’ve got this! Hold fast <3

1 Like

Hey there,
Thank you for sharing with us! I have also felt this way before and know its really challenging to deal with. When you give care and compassion to others, you deserve for that to be reciprocated back to you. You deserve to be taken care of as well! I think it is super important to set up boundaries with people at the beginning of building a relationship with them. I want you to make sure the people you give your all to are worth it. I think its amazing that you are aware and want better for yourself. You matter, you have so much to offer others, and you deserve to receive love. To break this cycle, I would recommend you take a step back from these relationships and assess how the other person reacts. Without your efforts, does the relationship still function and feel the same? If not, it is best to take some space and time for yourself to allow others who will make that effort to find you.

We are always here to support <3

1 Like

Thank you for posting! Here is a reply to your post!

1 Like