Heartsupport ive been strugling with this for prac

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Solway Firth by Slipknot
@heartsupport I’ve been strugling with this for practicly my whole life ever since the first grade ive always been left out the friends i had there never treated me right and even went as far to try and humiliate me. After some years i droped them and made some new ones in middle school. Me and my bestfriend got close but i was still often left out and kept secrets from in my friend group. I always try to be nice helping and caring yet it is never enough. In my whole life i was never in the spotlight of being the favorite person in the group or in general. My whole life what i was seeking for is atleast one true friend who would be there and suport me through happy and though times. Fast forward to high school same story again…My best friend still goes to the same school and class with me but a new friend group formed. And again i got left behind out of evrything. I tried hard to fit in , to be nice ,kind ,helpfull. That didint mater i was always rudely interupted and unheard. Reality hit me and i realised how sad and missrable i feel. Until I got a boyfriend. He made me feel loved ,heard ,apreciated and understood. I felt happy but things between my friends hasnt changed. In fact they became worse since i put most of my time into the person who actualy cares about me. And if i say i feel left out they’ll make the excuse of that im always with him. So i stopped asking stopped hanging out with them only casual convos and even then they ignore me some times when i say something. I just want to know , am I the problem? Is this the consecuenses of my own actions? Am I here to blame? If so ,what do I do to make things beter? Even tho i have my boyfriend whos my no.1 support i still long for a good friend.

1 Like

Hi @HeartSupport_Fans,

Friendship can be difficult for several reasons. People can change when they are hanging out with different people. That’s sounds wonderful that your boyfriend support & loves you. If your best friend doesn’t care about you, it’s not worth hanging out with them. A friend should never ignore their buddy while talking into a conversation in a group. They make sure to include into the conversation. You can have a casual conversation if you feel comfortable communicating with them if that make sense.

You seemed like a wonderful person to be friends with. I don’t you are the problem with the friendship based on what I read your post. Sometimes we overthink certain thoughts for no reason. You should always go with your instinct. Have you ever discuss your current buddy about the friendship group? That might can help clear the misunderstandings. Communication is the key to improve the friendship. You aren’t alone struggling with friendships. Give me update about your friend!

@@HeartSupport
Thank you for the previous advice and so far heres my update

Things have not gotten better unfortunetly only worse. I tried to talk with them be more helpfull and kind trying to engage in coversations but it didint help. I tried asking whats wrong but yet again i was greeted with the same awnser that nothings wrong. Now none of them want to talk to me. I dont know what i did wrong because i have been nothing but nice to them. I feel so sad and alone and i want the ache to stop but it doesnt and i dont think that it will. Today they didint even say goodmorning back to me. I still tried talking to them but got very dry and basic responses. Ive been upset the whole day i spent it all alone not talking to anyone and ofcorse not even one of them asked if im okay. I dont know what to do anymore. All of it realy feels helpless. I know im strong but how much can i take? I still have my boyfriend there to help and support me but its still hard to handle. Should I stop trying to be friends with them even tho I know most of them for almost 7 years? Its going to be hard for me to let go because i have a difficult time making friends since im pretty anti-social and dont like most things that my age people ussualy like. Any advice is apreciated because only my boyfriend trully understands me whilst my mom whom I do get along with amazingly still thinks that im in the wrong and im not engaging with them enough but how can i if they wont even talk to me?