Heartsupport my duality is that i am an empath my

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Jinjer - Pisces
@heartsupport My duality is that I am an empath, my daughter in law has suicidal ideations and I am always there to help her. The other side is that I am a disabled veteran who has dealt with my own depression and suicidal ideation for many years. I do my best to help her and keep my own battles to myself.

1 Like

Hey,

Thank you for sharing this. I can only imagine how challenging it is to balance being a supportive presence for your daughter-in-law while also facing your own struggles. It’s clear that you deeply care for her and want to provide the best support possible. Being an empath means you’re highly attuned to others’ feelings, which can make it tough to carry both your own weight and someone else’s.

As a disabled veteran who’s battled depression and suicidal ideation for many years, you’ve likely developed a strong sense of resilience. Your willingness to help your daughter-in-law while keeping your own battles private speaks to your compassion and strength. At the same time, it’s really important to recognize that you don’t have to carry everything on your own.

It’s okay to seek support yourself, whether that’s confiding in a trusted friend, loved one, or therapist who understands the weight of what you’re going through. Supporting someone else while managing your own struggles can be draining, and it’s important to ensure that you’re also getting the care and understanding you deserve.

Finding ways to decompress and care for yourself, even through small acts, can help you maintain that balance between empathy and self-care. Thank you for being such a compassionate force in your daughter-in-law’s life, and please remember that you matter too.

Hello friend,

First of all, thank you so much for your service.

To echo what Gary said, it’s 100% important to recognize that you don’t have to carry everything on your own. There’s nothing wrong with getting help, and there’s therapists out there that specialize in situations specifically to veterans. You can definitely help yourself, and in turn, help your daughter in law too. Depending on the situation, it might be good to open up to her about what you’re dealing with, because sometimes when we’re in that space, some people may feel like they’re alone and that nobody understands what they’re going through. Through that, you may be able to grow through this together.

Hold fast, you’ve got this!

When you care about the well-being of others while you are struggling yourself it speaks a lot about you. It shows that you are a strong, empathetic, and resilient person. It also indicates that you can step over any hurdle that life throws in front you. Nevertheless, in the midst of helping others we also have to remember to take care of ourselves and address the issues that we are facing so that we can be an even greater asset to the people in our lives.

1 Like