Help with bpd

From fantasmaaa.: hi i think i might have borderline personality disorder since a very long time cuz i fit a lot of the sympthoms and i dont have anyone to give me advice or professional help to deal with it because economical and family reasons, and it has been driving me crazy, specially on the favorite person thing cuz i usually js get obsessed with that person and that harms my life a lot to the point they are the whole reason of my existence, and this time its even more painful cuz my previous favorite people at least cared about me a bit but the current one doesnt even give me attention and js talks abt himself and i think he may be using me to get good grades and thats it.
i came here to ask if there is someone here that has bpd too or if they can give me some advice in how to improve my condition and stop relying always on other people to be happy and if you have it then tell your own experience pls to get to know this thing better plsssssssss

2 Likes

Hey fantasmaaa, I’m sorry firstly that this is affecting your friendships and that it’s also weighing on you so heavily. I will preface by saying that I do not have BPD and that unfortunately we cannot give you direct answers as to whether you may or may not, but I have struggled with co-dependant relationships in the past where I have had an unbalanced relationship and required a lot from the other person.

Having a co-dependant relationship is probably more common than what is talked about or realised. Whether it’s linked to other reasons like having a diagnosis or whether it’s just how the friendship forms.
What can be agreed upon is that usually it means that one person is leaning heavily emotionally on the other to give them a sense of fulfilment.

I know right now you’ve mentioned that seeking professional help isn’t readily available, but I do want to say that recognising that you are struggling with boundaries is a really good step towards exploring more.

One thing that has really helped me in my relationships is having the conversation to set boundaries. It’s okay to ask people what their boundaries are. It can often be a habit building exercise. It’s not always a comfortable one, but during that time it can be really beneficial to practice some self care. To remind ourselves that people are allowed to have boundaries, but that does not diminish our value and worth in their lives or in the world.

1 Like

Hello fantasmaa, Chris here. I saw your post how you think you have borderline personality disorder and were looking for information on this disorder. If you could let me know what particular information you want to know I would be glad to help.
Thanks,
Chris