Help

From alex07xd.: yall this ks so weird so i really like my teacher and i know I shouldn’t I don’t know why i feel like this im in 9th grade and he just turned 30. Hes so nice and purre he plays DND he likes rocks and so many other things . He’s literally every thing i want in a guy when im in his class and he’s teaching all i can think about is how turned on he makes me .i hate this felling and idk what to do

1 Like

From blox5680: Honestly I’ve been through a similar experience, back when I was in Middle School and I was like 14 I developed some feelings towards a guy that was 24. A literal 10 age difference since his birthday was in the same month as mine.
It eventually went off but it took a while… just avoid doing anything weird like I did

Hey friend,

Thanks for sharing this here! It can be really hard to have these feelings and to feel so alone in them. To feel like what you’re feeling is wrong, so you just want it to go away and it’s even harder, because I imagine it feels like you can’t tell anyone you’re feeling this way.

Crushes are very normal, and sometimes when we feel safe with someone and admire them it can be hard to keep appropriate boundaries in mind.

I imagine he is a safe person for you, and that you feel comfortable and supported around him, those are great qualities to look for in a partner, but that doesn’t mean that he is that person for you. In fact he can’t be that person for you and that’s a good thing! Because you’ll find someone who is closer to your age and can grow with you. Instead of focusing on him, it may be helpful to focus on the the qualities that you hope to find in someone, whoever they may be.

I also encourage you to reach out to a trusted adult about this. Whether it’s a parent or counselor. You deserve to have support as you navigate this so you can feel comfortable at school and work through what you are feeling.

Sending love

Hey alex,

Thank you for sharing about those feelings and how it’s making you fell.

It can surely be confusing to feel like having a crush on your teacher at first. As our friends said, this is a normal experience though, one that most of us have known as we grew up. Although it surely brings its share of mixed up feelings and can make it hard to find a clear perspective over the way we feel. Personally, that definitely happened to me when I was teenager, with a sports teacher. I think, growing up, I realized that it wasn’t about love at all for sure, but he instead represented something important to me - by feeling like he was a safe person essentially while life at home/with my family was chaotic. Somehow, and especially as we are younger, there are people around us that we may look up to or idolize because their way to be, what they do or say seems comforting. It’s usually less about being in love with someone, and a lot more about what we need at the moment. If anything, this could be a beautiful invitation for you to ask yourself what this teacher represents to you, what are the qualities you appreciate in them, and if this is present among people of your age instead. :heart: