Helpful Apps for Health & School

Hi everyone,

I struggled with mental health issues for many years. These apps are mostly free to take care of yourself. I felt these apps made me feel motivated and improve my mood a lot. Most of these apps I listed are available for free on IOS and Android.

• Finch: Self Care Pet- I used this app daily to take care of my mental & physical health. You earned stones (cash) every time you complete something. You get to buy items to dress or decorate your house. It includes goal ideas, breathe, soundscapes, meditation timer, reflections, mental health quizzes, movements, act of kindness, and first aid kit. It’s really adorable app!!!
    -The con is: there are few things that you can’t access. Finch app does give you free trial for seven days using Finch Plus. Finch Plus is like $59.99 per year.
  • Gratitude: Self-Care Journal: I used this app to reflect myself everyday. It includes journal, affirmations, daily zen, and vision board.
    -The con is: there are few things that you can’s access. There is a free trial for 7 days if you want to update the Pro. It’s $30 per year.
  • I Am Sober: This year I decided to quit drinking! This app doesn’t have to be drinking but others bad habits that you want to quit. Every day, I get notification to pledge.
    -The con is: there are few things that you can’s access. There is a free trial for 7 days if you want to update the SoberPlus. It’s $30 per year.
  • Suicide Safety Plan: I met a lot of therapist in my life. They always recommend to download this app. It helps understand your emotions for suicide.
  • Study Bunny: It’s almost like Finch: Self-Care pet. It’s a Pomodoro timer. You can adjust how many hours that you want to study for. I always used this when I need to study from school or doing my hobbies. They also have their Discord if you want to join and study with others.

I hope these apps are helpful to anyone who is struggling with mental health issues or feel burn out.

Helpful Quotes:

Educate Others About Mental Health:

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Don’t ever be scared or embarrassed to post anything for help on HeartSupport wall. I went through a lot of pain in my life and witness a lot of things like divorce, break-ups, suicide, ghosting, trauma, discrimination, bullying, domestic violence, and etc from my loved ones. It doesn’t trigger me if you guys post something deep. If I misunderstand your post, just let me know right away! I’m here trying to support the best I could even if I’m busy with my job, college, and volunteer.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing these resources, @toastaintbad! That’s really cool. :hrtlovefist:

+1 on the Gratitude app - it’s one I’ve been using at times when I need to reconnect my mind to the glass half-full instead of the opposite. The journaling prompts in it helps a lot to guide my attention, which is neat when the question “what am I grateful for today?” feels overwhelming. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is absolutely baller! Digital mental health technologies are gaining more traction for use as tools to help with patient care both inside and outside traditional care settings.

Thanks for sharing!

Much love,

ctrain

1 Like