Here i am pissed and hatting it watching this and

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist gets Sober by Tool
here i am pissed and hatting it watching this and wishing for better. i agree with it all but i like it to and have made it 80% of my personality, its the only thing im good at. i used to use it for social anxiaty then it was to be the fun guy then it was a reward for a good days work then it was to just quiet the voices then it was a bridge to connet with my farther then it was a problme medicly but i needed to keep up the best big drinker then its the only way i can relax and vicarsly live for 2hrs a day thru tv show and movies. i want out

Hi @HeartSupport_Fans,

Drinking alcohol is one of those things that can be positive or negative. It can help make friends or enjoy watching a favorite TV show or movie. The risk of alcohol is how someone consumes it daily and mental health issues. Sometimes I get concern with my cousins and sister that makes alcohol as their personalty. Alcohol can make people emotional. It awesome that you love to drink. What are cool facts or hobbies about you instead of alcohol?

I’m cool people with drinking but remember your limits. It’s your life! When I drink alcohol, I just feel to sleepy & depress to talk with anyone. I’m sober now.

I’m so sorry you’re feeling so frustrated and lost right now, you’re very brave for opening up about the problems that you’re facing.
I may not be the first person to tell you this, but I want you to hear it: the first step to recovery to admitting you have a problem. When you want to change, change comes so much easier.
I can absolutely understand how you feel that alcohol is consuming you, it can feel like it is your entire identity and personality. I struggled with abusing alcohol at multiple points in the past couple of years. Similar to your experience, it felt like a break from my anxiety and quickly became something that I needed in order to feel any sort of happiness. It is an enormous internal struggle.
I find that the thing that has truly help me quit wasn’t simply just quitting. When you remove something from your life, something else needs to take its place. For me, I had people who held me accountable and found coping mechanisms and hobbies that helped me put my anxiety on the back burner even when I was dead sober.
You are an amazing person. You have so many more things that you are good at besides drinking. You are the fun guy, and you can be that person both under the influence and sober, your identity is not tied to a substance.
I am encouraging you right now because I know recovery is something that you are capable of. It may seem hard and fruitless, but gradual change and peace will come. Throughout your fight, we are all heart for you at HeartSupport. Please continue to reach out, I know you will do amazing things and win this battle. You are so strong and so loved <3

4 Likes

Thank you for reaching out, it’s not an easy thing to do. I recognize your struggle and your pain. In life, there’s a lot of things we wish we could just start over. Through our individual and unique experiences, we can reflect and grow. Alcohol does a good job at giving a sense of false identity, and I’m happy you recognize the relation through the song. Living vicarious can be a poisonous thing. Where you are, and who you are is exactly how you were meant to be. You are a beautiful and individual, you are loved and there are so many that care for you. Much love to you my friend, keep pressing forward :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi friend, I’m so glad you made the decision to reach out for support–it genuinely takes courage and strength to be real enough with yourself to look for outside help.
Drinking alcohol is definitely not the only thing you are good at–I hope you can recognize that every individual has their own lane of competency and aptitude, and sometimes it takes some exploring to find your own.
My father struggled heavily with alcoholism, and he has experienced victory over this vice through allowing close friends and loved ones to help him shoulder his struggles. The friends and family around you could be so valuable to lean on in your times of weakness.
I hope and pray that you have the power to overcome this–I’m rooting for you!!

2 Likes