Hi my names robert and im an addict its been 4 yea

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to N/A by Bring Me The Horizon
Hi…my name’s Robert and I’m an addict. It’s been 4 years, 6 months, 17 days. I’ve gone through a lot. My story is too long and personal to just share on yt but I’m still here. @HeartSupport

1 Like

Hi Robert! I so appreciate you being here and sharing with us! I’m sorry you have gone through so much and deal with addiction where every day can feel like a battle. I’m so encouraged though because of your last sentence…You are still here and that’s amazing! That tells me you are a fighter and that there is hope within you. No matter how hard it gets you still wake up to another day and you haven’t given up. There is purpose in your life. You matter and despite the struggle there is hope! We are here for you if you decide to share more of your story. You are not alone and I’m praying for strength for you as you face each day! Keep fighting and remember that you are loved.

3 Likes

Hi Robert, I’m glad you’ve reached out to us. First off, huge congratulations. To have been sober for such a long time is no small achievement. You have demonstrated such strong willpower and determination to keep this sobriety. You should feel very proud of yourself for this amazing battle that you are conquering and know that you are so incredibly strong for doing so.
We are so grateful that you are still here. Right now, I am grateful that I am talking to such a brave person and able to hear about your journey. I don’t want to make you feel forced to open up, but if you ever do feel comfortable sharing your story, know that HeartSupport is the perfect place for it, no matter how long. I know that personally I would be more than happy than take the time to read your story and talk with you further.
Know that you are not a failure, you are a very loved person who is an overcomer. I would not even call you an addict, I know there is so much more to who you are, your purpose, your character that defines you more than your past addiction. I am so proud of your journey, and I wish you nothing but the best for every step you take and for each day. You are so loved, remember that my friend! <3

2 Likes