Horrific nightmares

I have always had weird and horrible nightmares, but last night I dreamt a family’s young daughter tried to run up and reach out to me when I was at the top of a hill, then, just before she reached me, she fell down the steep hill and smashed her head against a brick wall at the bottom. Her head then got detached from her body by the violent impact, yet not completely, so she was still alive and moaning for a short while. There was, however, no blood spilling around at all. I went to her Dad to explain there might still be some hope and his wife insisted on being in on the conversation, yet really there could be no hope with her head almost fully removed from her body.

How f****d up is that for a dream?

Some of them, like this one, get me really emotional and upset.

Anyway know why and how and where to get help with this issue, please?

Or is there someone who can interpret dreams in the forums or at Heart Support?

that is messed up. have you talked to a therapist or something? Most of the time they can help decode the meaning, and help you look past the event in your life that its representing. If you know wht its representing, try to find some tactic to help you get threw this event.

I think I can largely interpret the dream myself, as it happens… but the violent injury/death aspect scares me, particularly as I have had a few prophetic dreams in the past that came totally true.

The only thing I can think of right now to cope with it is to contact the family I sadly no longer see and tell them I care about them and to take good care of themselves when they are out and about.

if thats how you feel, maby you should reach out to them, give them a call, or have a nice dinner with them

Sadly, I no longer live anywhere near them and I am also no longer a member of their church (the church tends to detach/shun ex-members to some degree or other). Even visiting them would not be easy. I also have some Draconian conditions (long story mentioned previously) that mean I can’t have general contact with girls under 16, so I would either have to meet the parents alone, or not speak to the girls beyond inadvertent or unavoidable converstation. I hasten to add, though, I have never abused an underage girl in any way ever in my life and my largely unfair conditions will hopefully end in under three years time.

Hey @Chardonnay,

The cause for nightmares/night terrors depend on who you talk to. For whatever reason, in early 2012 I had reoccurring horrible nightmares for about 4 months. The nightmares ended and anxiety/depression settled in. Religious people said that imps caused the nightmares which subsequently caused anxiety/depression; non-religious people said that subconscious anxiety/depression caused the nightmares which subsequently caused conscious anxiety/depression. Who knows. I want to echo the idea of seeking someone to talked to (i.e. a licensed counselor) because it sounds like you might have some anxiety to sort out and work on conquering. But I could be wrong. :slight_smile: I hope some of this helps!

-Eric

Thanks, Eric. I do believe it is truly symptomatic of my effective bereavement issues and the fact that probably when I see this family’s girls again, they will be older and not the same young girls they were. There is definitely a very big link with church shunning or not seeing families for years and straight bereavement from actual death.

I understand dreams like this because I have dreams like this. You can tell me your dreams, but I can’t explain the meanings in words. Something has to make me make a connection in my brain before I can explain it in words, because of the way I think. You can get help with that issue from me, because I understand dreams in a kind of weird way, that when I try to explain it to others, they usually don’t understand. That dream is really f****d up. You should tell me yours, and I can tell you mine if you want. I know this is important, and I have dreams like this sometimes and I Understand.