How can I repay a favour to a family member?

From sammmy2000: So I asked my cousin to find me an LED light for my bedroom and office and when he finds and I will repay him, he refused to pay him back and he said it’s a gift and it made my day! But he refuse for me to back him a gift but I told his next meal is on me! I don’t think that’s enough but he won’t accept it

1 Like

From katiebugg93: Thank you for sharing! It can be frustrating for me to feel like I “owe” someone or am indebted to someone. Especially when they won’t accept my repayment! But on the flip side of that, I LOVE giving. And I prefer giving ONLY with the repayment of someone’s joy and/ or appreciation. I bought coffee for a coworker recently and she wanted to pay me for it, but it was a gift. I told her that if she were to pay me back, it would take away my joy of giving. It sounds like your cousin wants to feel the joy of giving. If that’s the case, your best repayment is the acceptance and enjoyment of the gift!

Hi Sammy,

It seems like you have an amazing cousin who cares lots about you!

Their gesture of gifting you an LED light for your bedroom and office without expecting anything in return is incredibly thoughtful and heartwarming. It’s clear that they value your happiness and wellbeing above all else. Your offer to repay them and treat them to a meal further demonstrates your gratitude and kindness.

While you may feel compelled to do more to express your appreciation, it’s important to remember that sometimes the most meaningful gifts are those that come from the heart, without any strings attached. Your cousin’s refusal to accept anything in return speaks volumes about the strength of your bond and the depth of their generosity.

Instead of focusing on finding ways to repay them, perhaps you can channel that energy into cherishing the gift and the special connection you share. Express your gratitude through words and actions, and continue to nurture your relationship with love and kindness.

Sometimes the greatest gift we can give is simply the gift of our presence and unconditional support.