How could corey feel like a failure how and if so

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Solway Firth by Slipknot
How could Corey feel like a “failure” how? And if so what chance do I have? I’m nobody

1 Like

Thank you for sharing here; this is an excellent question. My interpretation of the lyrics is that Corey isn’t a failure; the emphasis is on the word feel. Corey may feel like a failure but wants to hide this. Because anyone can feel like a failure, no matter how accomplished. And it’s okay to feel like a failure, even though it can be so challenging.

I also believe that Corey is saying that he doesn’t want to be “living a lie” and thus need to let these emotions out but isn’t able/willing to. Thus, I believe that, in Corey’s mind, you’re succeeding right now by sharing with us – by breaking through the barrier Corey describes and finding a way to reach out. Reaching out, in itself, is a sign of strength and power. And I know it may seem little, but I hope you’re able to hold your head high knowing that you’ve succeeded in breaking through that barrier.

I know you also mention feeling like a nobody which can be so difficult. I know I’m just a random person on the internet, but I believe you’re somebody. I believe you’re valuable and matter. So please don’t hesitate to reach out further if anything is on your mind (here or on forum.heartsupport.com). We’re here for you.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. Feeling like a failure is incredibly tough on anyone, and i’m sure it is very hard for you. Please know that Heart Support is here to listen and support you through anything that you are going through. Feel free to reach out anytime you are feeling this way. Remember that we are always here for you, and we wish you the best.

1 Like