How do I tell my mom that I don't want to be a babysitter for her bf

Hey friends
My mom got into a relationship with a guy who has two daughters. The youngest one is shy and quiet which I can relate to. I wanna go to a concert with a friend and my mom told me that if she comes for the summer if she can tag along. Im not sure if she would be open to the idea of alternative reggae music. She is 15 years old and I feel like I would be a babysitter for her.
Cause she is somebody else kid who I barely know about besides being into the same music. I’m open to the idea of her tagging along but not the idea of being her babysitter. At her age I was already going to concerts by myself with friends. Please help with advice

3 Likes

Is the youngest 15? At that age, she doesn’t need a babysitter, but you should not be put in a position of adult supervision either. You don’t need to use the word “babysitter” to your mom, but you can let her know you’re not comfortable being forced into keeping company with someone with whom you may have nothing in common.

On the other hand, maybe you’d end up enjoying each other’s company. It would be best if you got to know her before committing to keeping her company. Maybe you can visit for a few hours first. It would be irresponsible for either parent to expect you to keep her out of trouble because at that age, there’s not much you can do to stop her from doing what she wants.

1 Like