How do you let go of people?

I struggle with letting people go, from exes to friendships that weren’t working and people who just aren’t good for me.
I’ve had multiple situations end within the past year and then I go back and think I can fix them so everything is okay again. But then the situation ends up worse. I don’t know how to accept things without closure. Memories will pop up and I get sad and don’t want to let go. How do you force yourself to move on?

Literally go day by day. I let go of my first boyfriend, which I still loved at that moment. He just did something that made it impossible for me to be in a relationship with him. I found myself wanting to text him or talk to him, and as a remedy for that, I wrote in a little diary nobody knew about, that was in my schoolbag all the time.
During my life, I also had to let go of people who I’ve dated for some times and then suddenly didn’t hear about anymore. It’s hard to accept when you were just gaining feelings for that person. But you gotta move on… day by day. Sometimes I think to text them and ask what’s going on, what went wrong. But I know that I will either get a bullshit answer, or ignored. Which doesn’t make it better… and texting them would also show this person that I was still thinking of them, and I’m too stubborn to look that pity.
I hope this helped a bit, but honestly, cutting people out of your life is not that bad. Sometimes it’s really for the better.

1 Like

Hi @Rosethorn.

What @Astroly said. Take it one day at a time. Remind yourself why you left the relationship in the first place. Ask yourself if you want to go back into a situation that won’t be any different. I know some people can change, but they say past behavior is a prediction of future behavior, so however the person was treating you before you left is most likely going to be how they treat you if you go back. Remind yourself that staying away from them is what is best for you, that it helps you to be healthier. You might always miss the person, or maybe you miss the relationship more than the person, but it will get easier as time goes on. You have to give yourself time to grieve losing the person in your life, and give yourself time to heal. It’s never easy to lose someone from your life, but as Astroly said, sometimes it is for the better. Especially when you aren’t being treated well.

~Daisy :hearts: