How to cope with your father's death?

It’s been a month since my father passed away due to kidney failure, i miss him. In fact, i’m losing my sleep until now and it drains my energy to do all of my activities because i really miss him so much and still need him by my side.

3 Likes

hey Irvan, im so sorry for the loss of your father. I suddenly lost my father almost 2 years ago and it still pains me till this day. We may never get over this kind of thing, but maybe get used to it after a while. It’s a good idea to reach out to friends and family and talk to them about what you’re going through.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine how hard this must be. You are so strong for holding on like this. Know that there is a light in this world even when it seems like all of it has disappeared. Stay strong friend

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that man, tha rough thing to go through. I had friend that lost his wife a year ago, it hard to see someone go. It could you try some yoga or try meditions. You can also think it as your father is here in spirit. Again sorry for your lost and remember you can message here it you need to talk to someone.

2 Likes

@irvanr115

I’m sorry for your loss. It breaks my heart to read about someone’s loved ones. Especially a parent. Whatever emotion you are having, anger or sadness, get it out. Holding on to it is not good. If you want to cry, do it. If you want to scream, do it. Do what you can to move on. I hope you are doing okay, and thank you for sharing. God bless you.

1 Like

My Dad died of stomach Cancer about 23 years ago. He was 53 when he died and I couldn’t even get to the funeral. Bereavement, or having a terminal illness yourself, are the two of the most hard things in life. You never get over it, but it does get slowly less hard over time.

2 Likes

@irvanr115 Thank you for sharing and I am so sorry for your loose. I lost my grand father to throat cancer and very well understand how you are feeling. We all go this in different ways but what you are going through right now is real and not alone. I spent a whole month of just being down and wasnt wanting to play music, create art, work out, etc but soon one step at a time i shared how i was doing. I find the joy in the memories had together. I hope you can get something from this answer friend. I love you and Hold Fast

1 Like

I’ve never lost anyone that I’ve been very very close to, however, I loved my Gran very much and when she died I was in a rough place - I had sleep paralysis real bad. She was so much fun, and I helped to look after her whilst she was ill with cancer… Those nights were horrible, but, they were I guess my subconsious’ way of telling me she WAS still by my side.
I know, it’s a little different with losing a person and a pet - however, my dog has a few months left to live, he’s very ill. This dog has seen me through my suicide attempts and just been a rock for me… I’m already terrified about what happens when he dies. Will I relapse? Will the suicidal thoughts come flooding back? What I do know tho, is that just because he’ll be gone, doesn’t mean that everything he has done for me will be undone, and it doesn’t mean I won’t ever be able to find comfort in his memory and those moments.

Thank you for posting. I’m sorry for your loss. We’re all here for you.

Hold Fast
Kayla

2 Likes

my father passed away and he was very important to me and all I had left besides my abusive mother. what i do is try to make my dad proud, if I do something he wouldnot be proud of, I don’t beat myself up about it. I apologize to him. I also talk to my dad sometimes. It may sound weird, but it helps and gives me peace. To show how much he means to you and how much he impacted me, I try to act like him. I exemplify traits that he had. If he was very talkative, bubbly, caring, I try to take forth those traits to others. It makes me feel like he is still here with us and I am able to show that pieces of him is still here with us. I am here for you. You are not alone. Hold Fast friend

1 Like

My little sister called me this evening and said that my grandma passed away, i used to spend my childhood with her. I’m still coping with my father’s death now i must coping with my grandma’s death too. I feel so weak right now.

When you lose some of those around you, spend more time to appreciate those who are still with you

2 Likes

@irvanr115 Hey friend, if you’d like the art I made for you, please email me: [email protected]

4 Likes