I actually odd back in the 90s to escape from a si

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Falling Away From Me By KORN
I actually OD’d back in the 90’s to escape from a situation. But here I am at 47 and still thinking about ending it all everyday.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for opening up and sharing a little bit of your story. I’m so sorry to hear that you were put in a situation so bleak that death seemed like the only option. When we’re forced down and held low over and over, sometime it feels as though the only control we have left is the choice to take our own lives. I can’t imagine the pain and sorrow that must come with that feeling, and my heart goes out to you.

I am so glad that your OD in the 90s did not end your life. Though struggle still may be a daily reality, I know that there have been bright, shining moments that have happened since your OD that you will always remember and will always be able to cherish. It may feel like taking your life is the last real choice you can make, but you can choose to live. You can choose to courageously fight for the bright spots that are in your life. You can courageously fight every day for those in your life and for the future that can get better. You are the winner in this battle, you just need to stay in the fight long enough to later indulge in the spoils of victory. Your life matters and is worth living. You deserve to be here and the world is a better place with you in it.

Thank you so much for beginning to share your story. We are always here when you need us and I would love to talk deeper with you about the rest of your story. You are so loved.

1 Like

Hi!
I just wanna say, thank you so much for your vulnerability in sharing. This is the right place to get support to know you’re not alone! The things that lead you to want to end it all everyday I am sure feel so overwhelming and difficult! If you feel surrounded by those memories of the situation you had to escape, those things can feel haunting. The ghosts from your past don’t have to follow you into the present, and current stressors don’t have to cause defeating mindsets. You are incredibly strong for bouncing back after your OD and still being here alive and breathing and making a difference! We love you and are here to support you! If you want to talk further about this, we would love to continue the conversation! Also, if you want instant text or phone support (315) 732-6228 is a free text mental health support and 988 has health professionals on the other side you hear you out. You are in this world for a reason and there is hope even in this struggle! Don’t give up! <3

1 Like

Thank you for opening up to us, I’m truly grateful that you’re still here today. Whether or not you feel it, you being here still with us is such a blessing. I found that I struggle with really negative coping mechanisms and wanted to escape, either through distractions such as substances or getting away from everything by taking my own life.
There are so reasons to stay on this Earth, it can be things just as simple as the grass under our bare feet or the sun coming through a window in the morning. This life is beautiful, and you deserve to live it to the fullest.
I’ve found that by developing coping skills such as journaling, prayer, spending time in nature and others I’ve found so much more peace and inner strength. All this being said, I still struggle to this today, but I don’t fall back on my negative coping mechanisms.
I know this is possible for you. Please reach out to anyone at HeartSupport to be loved and encouraged to the fullest extent. There is so many doors waiting to be opened. We are here for you, you are so loved <3

@@HeartSupport I’ll tell you that it was in the fall of 1994 after I had gotten back from Woodstock 94, at this point I was drinking and using heavy narcotics. Never anything with needles though, I hate needles always have. And I was sitting at a friend’s house and just fell over. His mom gave me CPR as I didn’t have a heartbeat, but I woke up in a hospital. Then a few months later I tried to fly out of a third floor window because I was wasted. My down fall was a family member telling me when I was younger in the 80’s everyone would have been better off had I not been born. So I was just trying to help them along. So now at 47 I struggle with not doing any narcotics or drinking like I did. Once a addict always a addict, it will always be there in the back of your mind. Granted I have two wonderful kids that adults now and I’m separated from my wife. They are keeping me from ending it, believe me I’ve been called everything there is and so I find it easier to keep a Wall around my heart. I’m in pain 24/7 and it’s getting harder for me to walk anymore so like I just told someone earlier, in the words of the late great Layne Staley “say goodbye Don’t Follow” for if and when I do finally get to stop the pain I’m in. And just to grasp how young I was. I was born in '77 and started using in '90. I feel bad for bringing my kids into all this as I’ve never kept anything from them, especially my son.

@@HeartSupport I did a reply not sure where it went :pensive: YouTube trying to cancel me as well.