I am a 23 yr meth addict a extremely high function

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist gets Sober by Tool
I am a 23 yr meth addict. A EXTREMELY HIGH FUNCTIONING intravenous meth addict. I hate myself and my life when I’m sober but loath myself when I’m using. There is no hope for me. I have no dreams no aspirations no positive future. I work a daily 9 -5 just to keep myself off the streets and not be homeless. I love Tool I love this song. Music is one of the last pleasures I have in life. If you have a choice between drugs and sobriety? CHOOSE SOBRIETY!!! CHOOSE LIFE AND LIVING!!! LISTEN TO THE THERAPIST. She is right 98% of the time. I love Tool but don’t like system of a down! LOL

1 Like

Hi @HeartSupport_Fans,

It must have been difficult to battle against meth addiction. Sober is difficult for others because it takes a while to develop a good habit. I don’t think you are loser. I’m proud of you admitting your weakness. In this economy, it’s difficult to find a job to work at. You are super fortunate to have a job than most people. You have the right mindset, it’s better to work than do nothing at all. Music helps me distract from reality. I love your message to others to be sober instead of doing drugs. You are a great model to others even though you don’t see it.

Don’t be so harsh on yourself. You are trying your best to survive. I feel no one knows what their future looks like. The best thing you can do is focus on present. The future can be good or bad depending on your choice. Hope is such a powerful word that people don’t recognize. I almost gave up everything last year but I noticed that I can change and it’s never too late.

I recommend to do a bucket list on what things you want to do with your life. It can the smallest or biggest things. You look back and be proud of your accomplishments. I believe you can overcome this meth addiction!!! It’s okay to mess up a few times when being sober. Just remember to learn that mistake and reward yourself too.