I am a failure

I constantly feel like I am just a complete failure at life… Everything I do is wrong… esp now that i have started streaming… I dont know how i made affilate but its been a struggle to even keep myself motivated enough to want to stream when my numbers are beyond abysmal and having to stare at a empty chatroom for most of the stream. Some people would show up for like one stream and then i never see them again… … Its honestly become nothing but a chore right now and i have to force myself to stream and smile like nothing is wrong throughout to the occasional few people that do come in… And on top of everything else, i have a huge crush on this streamer that lives in a completely different country than me… we dont know each other beyond the fact that i spend most of my time in her streams… I know I have no chance… which hurts me to no end and I cry myself to sleep a lot.

3 Likes

Hey friend,
I can’t imagine how you are feeling, with streaming and the crush. Crushes are hard, especially when you can’t be around them. I hear you. With the streaming, it takes time. Several of my friends started exactly where you are and it was rough. Keep at it though if this is something you’re passionate about. Hangout with that one person, even if they don’t come back. Eventually the right people will come along and find you. It will be your little community and such a perfect fit. Two of my best friends had a rough start, but now they have their little community 3-4 years later and its still slow growing sometimes. Focus on your content and what you enjoy, the rest will come in time. I’d love to pop in if you’re okay with sharing your twitch channel. Love you friend, hang in there. You matter.

2 Likes

Hey there,

Every week I tackle a few posts on the forum on my stream. Yours was discussed on my stream tonight with my community. See below for the link and the description below.

I’m a streamer as well, see below, and I too often feel that way. In fact, I see motivational posts addressing this issue often in various social media that I follow - because so damned many of us feel the same way about streaming. When you are a small streamer breaking through SUCKS. Sitting in an empty room and talking to yourself is no fun - but revolutions and world shifting ideas are often built by small groups.

There’s a quote that comes to mind - “never doubt that a small group of committed individuals can change the world, indeed its the only thing that ever has” ~ Margaret Mead.

If you want to start something great, you start small. You can’t learn to run before walking, etc. It’s a gradual thing that’s going to take a lot of time - building a community and doing it well. There really isn’t a fast fix for that.

In the interim - streaming to an empty room sucks. I totally feel you. One thing that has helped me is to turn off the notification of the number of people in the stream. Without that, you just play the game and talk about why you are doing what etc. I’ve seen this echoed many a time in social media regarding this topic.

These two points are super connected in my mind - You’ve been feeling like a failure long before you started streaming. Whatever brought you to streaming, perhaps to find connection with that female streamer, didn’t address the larger issue underlying your feelings of need for external validation. Streaming is hard enough, streaming when needing something that can’t be provided externally, is harder.

If you truly want to be a better streamer - lets find a way to help you feel validated and valued outside of that. If you come to stream again having a better sense of worth will help you be a better streamer. I’m betting you have some charm, something that others might not have, some skill set that puts you apart from anyone else (or few do) - figure out what that is and bring it to the masses.

Regarding the female streamer you like - I’m sorry she’s not noticing you and that your interest is so far away. Again, finding that strength in yourself and value is super important before moving into a relationship.

Kudos for being you - seriously, it takes a hell of a lot of bravery to get in front of a camera and stream. If it’s something you truly want to do keep at it. Try that trick I suggested.

Best of luck,

DrDyaus

4 Likes

What do you usually stream @ForeverAlone201901? And Twitch or Mixer? As for the crush I mean get used to having a crush on girls you can’t have. Eventually we all find that one and it’s no big deal anymore. You can’t let one low point in life bring you down focus on a goal and go after it. Enjoy the journey.

1 Like

Listen to @DrDyaus, he sounds like he’s the man @ForeverAlone20190. Wish I would of read the other comments before I posted. I’m about to follow this conversation because that’s some good info above.

Stay strong. Starting streaming can be really hard. I know it’s really hard not to… but you really can’t compare yourself and your channel to others. Every persons stream journey is different. Some people blow up over night it seems and have an easy path to growth… but that’s not the normal that I’ve seen. Having 1-3 viewers is normal… even then 1 or 2 are the bots lol.

It can be super hard trying to be engaging when there’s no one talking in chat. I stream too. I’ve been streaming for over 3 years and just recently started feeling like I’ve got some momentum. Even now though I still have dead silent nights. It takes time and it’s a flippin roller coaster. It takes some awkward months of talking to yourself. If you’re not enjoying it and it’s doing more harm than good maybe step back and re-evaluate why you want to stream. If you’re not enjoying it maybe change it up. Have fun with it.

My 2 cents streaming growth advice:
Enjoy what your putting out there. If you don’t enjoy your channel why would anyone else?
Don’t grind until the point of burnout. Find a schedule that works for you and your health.
Consistency. Let people know your schedule ahead of time and do your best to stick to it so they know exactly when and where to find you. (I totally fail at this sometimes… because… life)

Hang out in other peoples streams. Not to network… ew… don’t go into someones channel expecting anything in return. Go because you enjoy their content and you want to support them. Make genuine connections and friends. Also you will get inspired by all those amazing strims. Invest time in other people.

Lastly… just be yourself. If you’re trying to be someone your not on stream it will get exhausting. You are awesome the way you are. You are worthy. You are more than your stream or your numbers. You are not summed up by your view count. The right people will find you. I have a better time streaming when I don’t look at the view count. Always assume someone is watching, even if they’re not chatting.

Alright… enough random stream advice. You’ve probably heard all of that before.
About the long distance crush… I’m sorry friend. It can be rough. If you really do like this person, the best you can do is support them and wish the best for them, even if from afar. Who knows what could come of it or if they feel the same. Waiting for the right person is tough… but stay hopeful and patient.

1 Like

<quote?

I feel ya. Crushes suck, especially when it feels like there’s no chance that it’ll work out. But let me ask: Do you engage with her in her streams? Does she know who you are? Have you interacted at all? If there’s any chemistry there at all, saving a little money for an international getaway never hurt anyone. Don’t say there’s no chance until you’ve taken one.

If that fails, look for chemistry with the girls you meet every day. I quit harboring crushes when I drove the girl I liked home from a party after she was caught with a dick in her mouth. Shortly after that, I met my first serious girlfriend while I was eating Taco Bell in a park. You’ll know pretty quickly if there’s chemistry there. You’ll get the tingles. If there’s chemistry, pursue it. If not, move on. Oh Lord, if I could take back all the years I spent staring at crushes instead of feeling for chemistry…

1 Like