I can relate to this so much

Yes - Mark puts it in such perfect words…those seasons when every day feels like the hardest day of my life.

Personally, some days just feel brutally difficult, and I don’t even know why. I get off work, and I just feel like moving through molasses. Like I’m on the edge of panic, and I have no good reason. Like it’s a struggle to physically just move. And it’s hard to talk about those moments because it’s like - why am I even feeling this way? Things are fine, why am I not fine? It feels “wrong” to talk about it. Like what do I even say? Who do I even talk to about it? And so I can feel cocooned in loneliness in the midst of the overwhelm, and that is a dark place, because I just bury myself in my own thoughts, and they can be dark.

“When it rains it pours”. I relate to that so much. And that it’s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I appreciate you naming that you feel all of that too. It’s good to raise our hands together and just say…“yup, that is me too”. There’s something powerful in us being able to look around and know - I am not alone. I think part of the power there is in realizing that BECAUSE there are others who feel that way, we can fight back against the voice that tells us to keep quiet when we’re in the midst of the intensity. When we reach out, it is so much more likely that we meet compassion than we meet judgment. We’re not crazy. We’re not monsters. We’re just human.

Thank you for sharing your humanity here with us!

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: Sometimes every day is a struggle can you relate t
:black_heart: I can relate to this so much.

2 Likes