I cut myself to feel something

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Forty Six and 2 by Tool
I cut myself to feel something.

2 Likes

hey friend, thank you for opening up about using self-harm to feel something. you are not alone in this and there are many in your heartsupport community that have overcome those cutting urges and swapped it out for other ways to stimulate senses (holding ice, loud music, creative outlets, etc.). all in all, you matter and i truly hope you can find a coping method that protects your body and heart. you are loved and have infinite value. thank you for being here.
love,
twix

Hi Friend,
Thank you for being vulnerable and sharing this. I believe that you can get through this and find other avenues to feel something, whether that be physically or mentally. You just have to work towards finding those other avenues, which I strongly believe you can accomplish. You matter so much and deserve to live such a full life.

• Star :slight_smile:
1 Like

Hi Friend. I’m sorry you had to experience this. You are not alone. You matter. I believe you can find the strength to explore other avenues. Putting tape on areas where you normally self harm and taking it off can simulate the sensation that we crave. Sending love and wishing you the best on your journey.

1 Like

Hi Friend, Thank you for posting, As a person who used to self harm, your post intrigued me to know if you needed to feel something physically, emotionally or maybe both? I think the answer would be a good place to start. There are ways of coping with the urges of self harm that do work however you do also need to deal with the reason why you are feeling the way you are to do it in the first place, its like when people take antidepressants, they do not fix the problem they just help until you have sorted out the issue underlying it. I would encourage you to seek some cbt therapy, this will help you to work on why you are feeling this way and how to manage you thoughts and feelings better. You my friend deserve better than this, you are worthy of so much more. Lisa x

1 Like

Hey there,
Thank you for sharing and being vulnerable with us. Being open about such a personal subject is hard, so thank you for reaching out. I want you to know that you matter and are not alone. Cutting has so many biological links to the brain and senses, making it a very difficult urge to resist. I want to encourage you to look for different ways to stimulate your mind and body. This could be an ice bath/shower, listening to different genres of music, or even painting/coloring. You have complete control of your life, and you can accomplish anything you put your mind to. You are loved and valued. We are always here to support you <3

1 Like

Sometimes it does feel as if life has no flavor anymore and you’re stuck behind some kind of invisible wall. It’s hard to feel like having a real control over the way you feel when all you know is numbness over and over again. It separates you from everything and everyone. It makes to feel like cutting yourself is the only resort to feel something, even if it’s through pain. It’s still something makes you feel alive and human again.

I’ve personally known seasons of my life when I was constantly numb and begged deep inside for the possibility to feel anything. When the shadow of depression lingers, it’s hard to feel like we have ownership of our mind and body. It feels like something else is possessing it and making your daily life a nightmare.

I hope that, with time, you will have the possibility to explore pathways in which you’ll be able to feel things again without it involving to hurt yourself, just because you don’t deserve any harm, my friend. Maybe this would involve to ask for some external support, or maybe not. In any case, know that you are not alone and we are here to listen if you’d like to share more.

You matter. :heart: