I deal with seasonal depression every winter on of

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: BMTH - Can You Feel My Heart - Therapist Reacts
… I deal with Seasonal depression every winter on / off, being from The Cold Northern Norway … it’s pretty common I haven’t spoken really about my issues with people since 2018 or whatever

2 Likes

Hello

Seasonal Depression can be stressful, if you don’t feel like sharing more that is perfectly fine, but if you do ever feel like it. We are here and you can feel free to share more! <3

Hey,

As you mentioned, seasonal depression is pretty common! I end up convincing myself every year that I won’t be affected and end up wrong every time, whoops! That being said, I think it might be worth looking into whether you can talk about your experience with someone around you. Chances are they’re going through the same thing and that common ground could be beneficial. In either case, you’re always free to chitchat with us about what you’re going through:)

it’s not that I don’t feel like sharing … it’s more I been dealing with … shit for years without having anyone to talk about and I feel like I lost the friends I grew up with@@HeartSupport

yeah mostly when talking to someone I prefer doing it face to face … or video so I can see the expression on the person to see if they are genuine and not just … playing like they care or wanting to listen I guess @@HeartSupport besides in general it’s quite tough for me to get started … but I would be down to do a reaction to music video like one of previous videos I commented on cause then it may be easier to explain my feelings by way of a song’s lyrics I feel “connected” to

Absolutely love your idea of doing some kind of reaction video as well. Music is such a powerful outlet, one that often helps us bring out words when we feel like our emotions can’t be contained in verbal language. It’s sometimes too reductive. While music… is pure magic and goes beyond words too. You’ve experienced it here already, but it’s also a strong way to connect with others, open conversations and dig deeper, safely. To build community and walk together while we’re all trying to find our way in this crazy thing called life.

So as a little piece of encouragement to you: definitely hang on to this project/idea, as this is yet another healthy and powerful outlet to express yourself - like creativity in general. When it will feel like the right time for you, I’m sure this could bring you something good, even if it’s just a bit of relief for your heart.

On a different note, I get that it can be hard to get started though when you want to share what’s on your heart. Sometimes it feels like problems have been accumulating for so long, that there’s been too much to deal with at once, or even that because there’s so much to say, then nothing comes out in the end… I know for me this has been the case oftentimes. Feeling just too overwhelmed by my own feelings, to the point that the idea of reaching was already exhausting. The only thing you feel able to do in those circumstances is a deep sigh and hoping for someone to see you, to choose to listen, then that they’ll guide the conversation and find clues to keep it going. To have a friend who would simply accept to sit in silence with you - with no pressure, no expectation, no agenda. Just being, together.

Depression in itself can be so very isolating, and pushes us into corners where it feels safer to stay - away from everyone and away from the pressure of the world.I hope that, somehow, you will manage to express yourself and share your story - regardless of the medium as long as it suits you. What is certain is that you have a stroy to tell, you have a voice to share, you have a heart to nurture. And all of it, all of you, is 100% worth the time it would take to listen.

If anything, you have allies at Heartsupport and you will always be welcome to share more, even if it’s just through written text. Sometimes, this medium also helps to clear our thoughts and find the words we have a hard time identifying. It contains its own benefits. :heart:

Hold fast, friend. We believe in you.

-Micro