I did it (art contest pt. 2)

I finally sent the text and the drawing to the attending teacher. Now, all I need to do is just need wait for the results in november. I’ve never felt so nervous in my life before. It’s basically a mix of my anxiety due to this being the very first time I’ve submitted for a contest, but also because of the score that I’ll get.

It happened a few times before that I didn’t exactly understand a given task, especially if it’s something interpretable. I’ve always found myself being slightly off the mark compared to other people, which was one of the main reasons I didn’t join contests until now…

But at the same time, I’m curious. I wonder how they react to my cartoony art style, when everyone else will probably do at least semi realism. Will they like it, or simply dismiss it entirely for not “respecting the rules”, even if it never specified what method we should use for our work?

For now though, I’ll just have to wait. Only time knows what’s in store for me.

(Also I had to write this in the support type, because general was just not working with the tag thing)

3 Likes

From listening2day: It always feels just like that when I put something artistic/musical out there! For me, while waiting, I just try to not dwell on what happens: just let it be a surprise lol
Also, another way to look at it when you put artistic attempt out there for audition or contest? Remember you are offering to show them what you have to offer/help them! And it is unique to you. Instead of looking at it as how they might be critical of it. Then, you know, even if it is fantastic, it might be what they want; or it might not. But, another time it might be just what they want! So you just have to keep on keeping on.

2 Likes

That’s exciting that you were able to submit something for the contest!
I see that you have had experiences where you understood assignments differently than what was expected, and those experiences would naturally make you nervous to see the results for the current contest.
I hope that even though your work might be different than others, the judges will appreciate your talents. I hope to hear the results when you get them!

3 Likes

Hey Cora,

Thanks for sharing this with us and know that you have a whole community rooting for you :> It’s extremely great that you took the time to present your art in your own creative style rather than giving into the standard forms of art. Hopefully, the judges realize your talent and give you the recognition you deserve and even if you do not win know that I and everyone who knows you are proud that you expressed yourself and contested in the competition

Keep us updated :heart:

Thanks once again
Love,
Sans

3 Likes

Hi there Cora,

Thank you for being here and for sharing with us. I want to start by mentioning that I’ve seen quite a bit of your art now (in your posts) and it’s genuinely incredible. You are an extremely talented individual (from an artistic perspective and in the eloquence of your writing).

I know how stressful and difficult it can be when you try something new and are awaiting the results. It sounds like you care quite a bit about how they’ll perceive your art which can make it hard to manage these worried feelings. That is genuinely tough.

With that said, like Sans mentioned, I’m proud of you for trying this new thing and sharing your incredible art with this competition. I hope things go well for you in the competition and am wishing you all the best as you navigate this worry and stress.

Thank you again for being part of this community.
-Tuna

3 Likes

Hello friend,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and I understand the nervousness and excitement that come with entering a contest. Your mix of emotions is entirely normal, especially for your first time participating in such an event.

It’s important to remember that art is a deeply personal expression, and your cartoony art style is a part of who you are as an artist. While it can be intimidating when you see others working in different styles, it’s essential to stay true to your own creative voice. Art contests often aim to celebrate diversity and individuality in art, so your unique style may be appreciated and valued by the judges.

The fact that the contest didn’t specify a particular method means that you had the freedom to interpret and express the theme in your own way. This is an opportunity to showcase your creativity, and your art style is a legitimate form of expression.

It’s natural to be curious about how your work will be received, but remember that art is subjective. What one person loves, another may not, and that’s perfectly okay. The most important thing is that you had the courage to put yourself out there and share your work with the world. Regardless of the outcome, it’s a valuable experience that can help you grow as an artist.

As you mentioned, you’ll have to wait for the results, and during this time, try to focus on other creative projects or activities that bring you joy. No matter what happens, continue to create and nurture your passion for art. Best of luck, and I hope the contest results bring you the recognition and encouragement you deserve.

• Blaze
3 Likes