I dont even feel confident in creating things anym

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Freak on a Leash by Korn
I don’t even feel confident in creating things anymore I have so many creative outlets and I just gave up on all of it.

2 Likes

Hi friend,
I’m sorry to hear you are in this rut. I think we have all felt this way in some aspect of our lives. Maybe getting to the root of the issue of what caused you to give up entirely and talking to someone about it may be beneficial. Whether this is a family member/friend or a therapist. I am sure you can regain your creative outlet and continue creating some amazing things. And most importantly, make sure you are having fun doing it and not worrying about any external factors that may be at play.

• Star :slight_smile:
1 Like

that’s amazing that you’ve tapped into so many creative outlets, my friend. my heart breaks to hear that confidence is holding you back from expressing yourself through these mediums. it’s such a real and valid feeling. it sounds cheesy but truly as long as you find enjoyment in creating, that’s the main objective! i find myself facing this same obstacle as you are; it’s so easy to compare our work to others or feel low confidence on what we do make. however, shifting our “why” on creating in the first place can make a huge difference, at least it did for me! wishing you all the best in your journey to find the spark in creating again. you got this!
love,
twix

Hi friend. This can be a hard feeling to go through. As hard as it might sound, try dipping your toes back in what you enjoy. It may not come easily but it will be rewarding. Either way, I hope you find the power to get out of this rut and me and the rest of the heart support team are cheering you on. Sending love.

1 Like

Hi there,
I am sorry to hear that you are in a rut or creative block. It is great to hear that you have many creative outlets that you have enjoyed at some point. Feeling stuck or unmotivated is natural and can actually be a very beneficial thing. Plateaus encourages you to re-innovate and brainstorm. What am I currently doing? What isn’t working? How can I do it better? I am sad to hear that confidence is holding you back from doing the things you love. I want to encourage you to focus on the journey/process rather than the final product.Try immersing yourself back into exploring the outlets you enjoy for the sake of doing them and not for a certain outcome. Maybe you could even try something new to spark your imagination. Success is subjective, and as long as you put love and energy into something, it will be amazing and deserve recognition. Keep going. I believe in you. Sending love and hugs. <3

Hey there!

I relate to this comment SO MUCH. It is something I have been struggling with for may years now. Man, thank you for commenting this, as I feel a little less alone in what I have been going through.

When I was a teenager living at home with my parents I had so many hopes and dreams… wanted to be in a band, wanted to make music, make youtube videos, art, open my own art shop… I am now going on 25 this November and it is so painful to look back at how much I wanted to do with my life, and to have nothing to show for it at the moment. That feeling is so painful, and it’s something you do not deserve. I am so sorry you are struggling with this as well, gosh it is so HARD.

I totally get the struggle with confidence, at work, at home, in public, just like at the grocery store trying to park my car… confidence is such a hard thing to attach to. Even though I do still struggle, it has gotten so much better as I have learned to overcome obstacles. I believe it is crucial to remind yourself that you can’t start at the top, being a pro at everything, that is something I really need to work on with myself right now. I know how frustrating it can be when you spend time on creating something, and in the end you don’t think it’s good enough. We are our own worst critic, remember that.

I have made some art and even though I didn’t like it, I posted it anyways, and to my surprise people liked it! I think it is good to keep an eye on your improvements, such as in the beginning of my art journey I felt like I could never draw a character body shape good enough… even though I draw potato people. But over time, I have come to see what I have improved, I have gotten better at making the right curves that I think are good enough for me.

That’s another thing that has helped me, establishing when I know I have worked hard on something, and it is “good enough for me”. Being happy with what you create is really all that matters, it makes you feel good, makes you feel happy, and most certainly people out there will also enjoy your creations.

I have been there where I have just given up completely, I have gone through months and years where I have not touched my guitar or my art stuff, or even tried to do any of it. Please don’t give up, please do what you love! I know how easy it is to succumb to the negative thoughts and feelings, but if you enjoy something, find value in something, you should pursue it!

Please know you are not alone in these struggles, I appreciate you for being open here as I feel less alone in these struggles now. We are always here to listen, to be a shoulder to lean on.

You got this! You are amazing! I believe in you! Keep going!

With love,
Lys