I feel horrible

Hi everyone,
For a while now I have been on here helping people but today I just needed help. I had the worst day ever. It all started when I dropped my sunglasses on the floor. I could get over that for a bit. Then after that I lost my phone and I was scared that I would never find it. I then called my friend and told him I would be late. Then I kept going around circles being just comp[lately lost. I feel so bad because I seemed so upset that I made him wait for so long. I tried to explain that I lost my phone but instead I just went off at him because he said that he didn’t have time to muck around with me.

So I came home and sat in my car crying because I felt I let him down and it was my fault. SO now I have this sickly feeling in my tummy. I can understand if he hates me and never wants to see me again. I wouldn’t either.

1 Like

@Carolyn88 friend, slow down. I’m sure he doesn’t hate you and if you just explain to him how you’re feeling he will understand. When these little things happent hey can pile up and overwhelm us with guilt - but they’re not your fault. You didn’t drop those sunglasses on purpose. We ALL forget where we put our phones and happens daily for me. You’ve had a bad start/end to the day (depends where you’re from I guess) but focus on the things that have gone right. You had the courage to post on here and reach out. You DID go out and speak to your friend and from what I see you DID find your phone. It’s okay to have a cry now and then but it’s not ok to let yourself give into the thoughts. It’s a few moments - it will pass.

Hold fast.
Kayla

1 Like

Thankyou for all your kind words. I am calming down. YOU have made me less guiltily . I guess my thoughts take over me sometimes and bad memories are like ghosts coming to get me reminding me of things I’ve lost. It felt silly writing on here but it feels good now . SO THANKYOUVERY MUCH.

1 Like

You never need to feel silly about reaching out - ESPECIALLY here. You won’t be judged here by anyone. When your thoughts take over it’s always better to get them out and I’m glad we can be that safe place for you.

Kayla

1 Like

Hey @Carolyn88,

I’m so sorry to hear that you had a terrible day! We all have good days and bad days, and bad days suck. BUT on the bright side, tomorrow is a brand new day and another new chance to turn things around. A good night sleep will help too. :slight_smile: You got this!

-Eric

Hi @Carolyn88,

I am new here and was looking for posts that seemed recent but maybe not yet complete, when I came across yours. This struck me as something I’ve been through recently.

I wanted to tell you that things happen in the heat of the moment sometimes, and it can escalate and build up, from both perspectives. But it’s all okay. It seems to me that you are good friends, otherwise you would not have the argument, and it would not upset you so much. When things cool down you usually see that it was just a fluke: a tiny ripple in what is actually a much more solid foundaiton.

Best of well wishes to you :slight_smile: Hope all went well!

1 Like