I feel like I am stuck and can't get out

I hate my current job with a passion it causes me so much stress and it looks like no one is hiring at the moment or at least not hiring me.

I want to continue my education like taking online classes maybe but I don’t know how I will do that when I am in a bind financially.

I only get paid a little above minimum wage but I don’t think it’s enough for me to live by myself.

I tried doing this program where you learn to become a life insurance salesman but it is extremely hard and I realized that it isn’t for me. I don’t have the heart to tell my dad because all he’ll do is get mad but I didn’t bother to tell him. I am going to try to see if there is anything I can get into besides job hunting.

I’m probably at a risk of being on suicide watch but I can’t risk losing my job. I really hate that I exist.

2 Likes

BlackCatAnnie,
You are not your job, nor are you alone in your predicament. Right now everyone is in dire straits. But the best thing about being in dire straits is that there is the possibility to move in a different direction. So selling life insurance is not your thing. Use these moments as an opportunity to discover your real passion. What is it you really want to do in life? You say you want to continue your education, do you already have a degree or are you looking to get one? If it’s the latter I would suggest a Community College. Some schools so have online courses, and CC’s are often a less expensive alternative to the bigger colleges and universities. That is to say, if you live in the U.S.

And, the best part of being stuck is that there are many ways out you just have figure it out for yourself. Don’t let the darkness of this age dampen the light inside you. You can get out. Just be patient. You’ve gotten this far.

-P

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.