I feel like this all the time i feel as though im

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Slipknot “Wait And Bleed”
I feel like this all the time. I feel as though I’m unwanted. Or un necessary in society so… I wander out in solitude and seclusion as not to burden any one else

1 Like

I’m so sorry you feel that way :cry:

I’m sorry friend that you’ve been feeling this way. It’s awfully painful and heartbreaking to want to embrace life yet to constantly feel like the world around you is just not a welcoming place. That somehow in order to live a fulfilling life you would have to be a certain way, match certain criteria, align with certain expectations… overall to force yourself to be someone you’re not. It’s unfair and feels like a battle lost before even beginning to try.

It is so hard when isolation hits like this not temporarily, but as a continuum that almost becomes our own personal narrative. It leaves you with this sensation of being outside of everything, looking through a glass the life unfolding in others’ homes, hearts, relationships - but not in your own life. It’s as if you were condemned to be in solitary confinment over and over, except that you did nothing wrong that would explain why you are pushed there. Being yourself, and even more being, is not a fault.

For what it’s worth, I’ve personally felt this way throughout different seasons of my life. Just this dreadful sensation of existing without being alive, of being a part of this world without having a little chance to be noticed. It hurts even more when you feel vulnerable yourself and would need an ear to listen. Instead you’re stuck having to muster your own strength and keep on pushing with the hope that this sense of profound disconnection would change over time.

I hear you when you say that you don’t want to burden anyone else. And of course I don’t know your story, but I would imagine that there are wounds behind this fear that make it understandable why it is present today. It’s fair to not want to burden others, yet at the same time though connection is the only way to be genuinely known, trusted, seen, cared for and loved. If you were reflected before that you have no worth or that you don’t belong, if you were hurt or have been living for a while with the belief that there is nothing in you worth knowing… it all contributes to feel unwanted and profoundly isolated.

I don’t know you, and again I don’t know your story, but I can assure you that you do belong even if it doesn’t feel like it, even if you have yet to meet the right people or forge a path that feel safe and meaningful. How you feel about yourself does not condition nor indicate your worth or your right to live in connection with others. What it expresses is your hurt, your fears, your doubts - which are all valid and need to be cared for. I’m personally thankful that you are here today, that you share your voice, that you are. No matter what you’ve been through, no matter who you are. I’m grateful for the very possibility of seeing you now and rooting for you.

You matter very much. You really do. :heart: