I feel sick

80% of the day I’m unhappy. I have a terrible face. Severe acne and reddish acne marks were all over my face. I hate to go out. I hate standing in front of people. But I have not choice! Everyday I need to take class or go to library to learn my web stuff. Every time my friends or families ask about my face I just don’t know how to say. What can I do about it? I tried so many drugs and they didn’t work. And finally my dermatologist prescribed me Isotretinoin, which is an effective drug but with many many many many side effects. I was really afraid about it. I don’t know how to deal with it. I was afraid to tell my parents. God, I really don’t know how to do. However, when I was in a pretty good mood, I would told to myself that no one cares about my face. No one will hate me because of my face. But I just can’t helped. And every time I made a introduction or speech, I was really nervous. I wasn’t scare about it, I just know I will definitely ruin it. I can only make the situation more awkward. But I need to stand in front of people to say somethings every so often. Next time will be the next tuesday. God, why couldn’t I just died?

======================================================

I’m very sorry that you saw this. Everyone’s life is pretty hard, I shouldn’t make you feel heavier. I just think it may help me if I write it down. Or it may be a fun diary in the future. And sorry for my terrible English. I’m afraid of my friends or parents see this post, so I wrote it in English.

2 Likes

Hi friend.

Please don’t apologize for reaching out. That is what this place is here for. You are not making us feel heavier. This place was created for people like yourself to come to and just express what is needed to get it all out. Its designed to be a welcoming and safe place. No apology needed. THANK YOU for sharing with us what you are facing. And giving us the chance to remind you that you are loved and valued. That you matter and are important. That your feelings are just as valid as anyone elses and deserving to be heard.

Don’t worry about your English. I can understand you just fine. <3

I know the struggles of facial acne and break outs. My face breaks out so much and is constantly hurting and itching. For years I dealt with it and finally saw a dermatologist that prescribed me a few things. They were actually working but then I lost my insurance so I couldn’t get those thigns anymore.

I know the fear and anxiety it comes with. So I can relate. I know the self doubt that it causes. The insecurity. You are not alone.

Just know that you are more than what you look like my friend. This does not define you are make or break your value as a person. Do not be ashamed of how you feel. And don’t feel ashamed or afraid to reach out.

You are loved my friend. I’m so sorry that you are dealing with all of that. I hope that you can find some sort of healing. Emotionally and for your medical struggles. Just know that this is a safe place where you are always welcome.

Much love to you

• Kitty
1 Like

Hey there, friend.

First, let me say that as a person who’s struggled with acne for YEARS (still have it now.) I really really get your struggle. Waking up everyday and looking at myself in the mirror can be hard; some days I don’t even want to even look. I’m really glad you were able to take medicine to help and I’m sure you will achieve acne-free skin!
Do know this, with or without acne you are a person of value and you deserve love. Your face does not determine your value nor can it stop you from being a successful and happy person in life. And it’s okay that it’s hard to accept that belief. Getting over insecurity takes time and patience.
As for presentations, I understand how you feel. I generally look quite different from most people where I live. If you’re doing a presentation that requires PowerPoint or Google Slides, you can use pictures or gesture to the slides more often so to draw attention off of you, if that makes you feel more confident.

In general, it takes time and patience to overcome an insecurity. Please be kind and patient with yourself and understand that you are always always always worth love and respect regardless of how you may look. Your face is not reflective of who you are on the inside.

Sending lots of love,
-M

1 Like

@anon17277947 @Numzys Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.:smile:

Right now is 9am in China and I just get up (I’m toooo lazy). New day makes me feel good. And your kind words make me feel even better.:blush:

I will be strong! :muscle: :muscle: For my parents, friends, and all the kind persons like you.

I hope you all well. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Any time friend!!! Glad to help!! You’re always welcome here.

2 Likes

YOU’VE GOT THIS!

I 100% believe in you and your success!

• M
1 Like

I commend you for reaching out to others there is no shame in reaching out to people. Its worse when you don’t talk to anyone and you bottle up inside for too long you will explode and its not good.