I feel so lost help

I feel lost and stuck. The boy I love broke my heart and I’ve lost myself. I don’t sleep. I’m struggling with eating and my appearance. When I do sleep it’s to much. I’ve lost interest in many things. And all I wanna do is hurt myself. I don’t know what to do. Please help.

1 Like

It may be cliche, but if he broke your heart, he didn’t deserve you. You are beautiful as you are, and I’m sure you possess a lot of other great traits. The most important thing for you to do right now is take care of yourself: Get sleep, don’t eat your emotions. Find an activity to take him off your mind. Stay strong.!:grinning:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry that you’re going through this right now. I know it feels like this is everything and nothing all at once but know that you will find someone else. Someone more deserving of your love. Try to reach out to someone around you as well as this community, they can help you through this too. Don’t be mad st yourself for being unable to sleep. Just try to get a few hours here and there whenever you feel tired if that’s easier for you. You can get through this. There is someone out there waiting for you.

Hold fast
Kayla

2 Likes

Hey, friend.
I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through this. Heartbreak is one of the worst pains in the world. It’s hard to regain the appetite and sleep pattern as easily as before.
So, I would recommend calling a friend, find activities to take your mind off of things, cook your favorite foods so eating won’t feel like such a chore. Listen to those sad songs and get a good cry out, then get back up and go out and do something good for you. I know it feels like the end of everything, but this is a fresh start and you will be okay. The pain you’re feeling is only temporary, and will fade with time.
As for your appearance, you are still a beautiful person and shouldn’t feel any less than that because someone couldn’t see your worth.
We are here if you ever need anything! Stay strong. <3
One more thing, stay off of social media for a while. If he posts frequently, that will only trigger negative feelings! Deleting my apps for a while was the best thing I did for my heart whenever I was going through a break up.

2 Likes

Dear @Hopeless.romantic,

Heartbreak is never something one should be expected to just “get over”. I understand your pain and it is spectacularly hard especially when you are young and love intensely. There is not much I can tell but, you will heal and it will happen in time and with patience and you will know that you have healed the moment you will learn to love yourself more than you loved the other person. As Samantha from SATC tv show used to say: “I love you, but I love me more.” You will get there as soon as you start talking, asking for help, knowing that you are not alone and substituting that habit of loving that person with another purpose in life that serves you well.

It will not be your last love and there is always the chance of meeting someone better, more compatible with yourself, more kind and in all aspects more open to accepting you. But in order to recognize that person, you need to do all this things for yourself first.
Remember, you only have to hit the jackpot once, but you will get through some heartbreaks until finding that last love. They will all be horrible in the moment, but amazing for your self growth. If you do your inner work.

In that regard, know that you are beautiful and you DO matter, you are worthy and someday someone will see all of these things and it will stay. Life has a funny way of pushing away the people that serve you no good in the long run, you will see. :slight_smile:

All love,

Soda

3 Likes

Thank you so much for that. It really made my morning. And I’m so glad that other people understand. My friends don’t really get it. Especially my best friend is the sister of the boy who broke my heart. It sucks very badly.

2 Likes

You are very welcome, dear. <3

Don’t look left and right to what other people think and say. You will grow, meet new people and life will reset itself quite a lot. You will be the constant you have to live with through all of this, not them. So you do you, girl and let the rest of the world adjust. :slight_smile:

All love,

Soda

2 Likes

Hey @Hopeless.romantic,

I’m so sorry to hear that the boy you love broke your heart. Codependency is rarely healthy, and although life sucks right now, it could be a blessing in disguise that you’ve entered a season of self-discovery. I usually enjoy going on long hikes, letting my thoughts flow with the trees and figuring out who I am and what I truly enjoy in life. Also, remember that beauty is subjective. The mainstream media tries to point to what is “beauty” but they’re wrong. You deserve someone who is worthy of your love, and someday you WILL find him, I just need you to hold on until then. Time will do a lot of healing in the meantime. When I want to feel better, I tend to go for a light jog to release endorphins and dopamine into my bloodstream. You’re strong, remember that. Thank you for reaching out! We’re always here for you.

-Eric

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will take your advice on things to do!!!

1 Like