I feel so relieved!

I just told my dad that I think I need anti-depressants and he actually said we’ll talk to my doctor. I’m so relieved. This means I’m one step closer to feeling better.

I’ve tried everything for the past 4 years and none of it has worked, and FINALLY, we’re getting closer to an actual treatment option. I’m so relieved this is close to being over. I’ve been in so much mental pain for the past 4 years and I’m getting closer to helping myself. I know meds aren’t a cure, but they’ll help.

4 Likes

So proud of you for hanging on and for reaching out for help so you can continue to make progress. You got this. Im rooting for you! :heart:

2 Likes

Wow @TheRats! That’s a huge step indeed! Good job for talking to your dad. I’m so glad he understood and didn’t judge you or anything like that. The decision of taking anti-depressants can be a scary one at first because there’s a lot of stigmas related to medications, but for many of us it is a needed crutch during out darkest times. You already know that meds aren’t a cure, and that’s so important. Many people have wrong epectations and see them as “happy pills” when really they aren’t. But it can really help to stabilize your emotions and help you feel less drained in the long run, so you could focus on taking care of yourself/working on your struggles.

Let us know how it goes with your doctor, if that’s okay for you. You got this. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like