I found this short video about changing how you see yourself and felt like sharing

I found this short motivational video about how we view ourselves and that it’s possible to reprogram our thoughts over time. The man in the video had an upbringing similar to mine. It’s why I think I am so attached to my work and have trouble believing that I’m enough. I’m working on it though, and I have made progress. But I thought maybe this could help someone else who is going through that struggle of bad programming as it were.

2 Likes

Sapphire,

Beautiful video. I’m in the midst of trying to reprogram my thoughts and how I perceive myself. I tend to fall into the Imposters Syndrome trap - where I think that my accomplishments in life are due to anything but my own hard work. Ive lost confidence in myself this year in multiple aspects of life. Its almost incomprehensible how strong the human mind is.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful video. I really needed to see this.

1 Like

Hi KTeisen21,

I’m so glad to hear that this has helped you in some way. I’ve never heard of Imposter’s Syndrome, but it seems like it would make it hard to value yourself and your accomplishments.

This is so true. I’ve overcome so much in my own life and I think an issue I have is that I forget that sometimes. I’m so preoccupied with doing everything perfectly right now and often times feeling like I’m not trying hard enough even though everyone and every result in my life points to the contrary. I forget what I’m capable of because I don’t acknowledge the things I’ve overcome.

I believe that willpower is a huge driver in life and with enough willpower pointed at the right goals, you can accomplish anything. It may not seem like it all the time, especially as challenges mount up in a year like this year, but one day I think we may all look back and think, Hey, that was really awful, but I made it through. I don’t know what you’ve gone through this past year but I know it has been hard on everyone unfortunately. I hope that you are able to regain your self-confidence in time, as I also believe that we are all good people and we deserve to love ourselves.

Hang in there, friend. This, too, shall pass.

1 Like

Wow that is incredibly relatable. I think people like us set unrealistic expectations for ourselves and it leads to this never ending cycle of feeling like you’re falling short of your goals yet like you said, everything else points to the contrary. Our focus is on the 1 miniscule detail that didn’t get accomplished so much that we fail to recognize the 1,000 other things that we accomplished. I think I could live a happier and healthier lifestyle if I were to remind myself more often about the goals I’ve achieved and the adversity I’ve overcome.

Im glad you mentioned willpower because fortitude is, in my opinion, possibly the single most important personality trait you can have. With that willpower / mental fortitude, I really do believe that there is nothing that can stop us from achieving our goals and being the person that we want to be.

I appreciate the support and the kind words. Today’s the first day of the rest of my life; time to get that confidence/swagger back!

– Kyle

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.