I have a grudge but i can t let it go i want but i

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to The Grudge by Tool
I have a grudge, but I can´t let it go, I want but I cannot allow me to do that but I don´t know why

1 Like

Hello, and thank you for reaching out. It can be so exhausting and frustrating to be stuck with a grudge, so I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through this. Especially given that you want to let it go (which is so respectable), it’s unfortunate that this grudge would still hurt you. With that said, it’s also normal for it to be challenging to let go of these strong feelings – grudges are ultimately an emotional response and we, as humans, don’t get to choose which emotions to feel. For me, both time and talking to someone about a grudge has helped to dissipate this challenge, so perhaps one (or both) of those options could be helpful for you too.

My point in mentioning the above is to say that things can get better, and the grudge may go away with time; it can just take time to get to that point. It really is normal for it to be challenging to let go of a grudge, even though it can be such a difficult experience. I’m wishing you all the best as you navigate this situation. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us again here or on forum.heartsupport.com if anything is on your mind.

Hello,

Holding on a grudge can be a heavy burden that can affect your well-being. I’m so sorry your going through this. You’re not alone in experiencing these emotions. Feel free to message anytime whenever you feel stressed or worried.

1 Like