I have finals today

My first final is the hardest one. I’ve been studying for a week but I still feel ill prepared because I haven’t memorized the entire study guide word for word. What a shame.

I’ll do fine. I think.

Can’t decide if I’m happy or scared or a mixture of both. One because I’ll be rid of that school but the other because I want to get 100%. I really am rambling now.

I’m so nervous like I’m going to throw up.

I really want to have the highest score. I want them to be so concerned about who got the perfect score while I sit there silently with a still face. Ahah. I’m not a competitive person per say. I’m not because I lose at almost everything except academics. I can’t tell you how I am, but I can tell you all about random dumb school stuff.

Anyways, I’ll be fine.

1 Like

Hi Wren,

I would wish you good luck, but no need for luck because you’re well-prepared. So go ahead and ace that exam! Spending an entire week studying is a significant effort, and it reflects your dedication to doing well.

I also want to introduce you to the concept of a self-fulfilling prophecy. This phenomenon occurs when your expectations of an outcome influence the likelihood of that outcome happening. In the context of exams, if you believe you won’t perform well, it increases the chances of not doing so. This happens because our expectations shape our behaviors in ways that lead to the expected outcome.

In your case, I can see that you are expecting yourself to do well due to the week of dedicated study you’ve put in. Therefore, it’s crucial for you to enter this exam confidently, knowing that you are well-prepared and ready to excel.

You’ve already demonstrated the commitment needed for success - so the only thing you have left to do is succeed.

Salma

1 Like

I got a 98% on it.

The only way to describe how I feel is “waah.” Kind of very odd. Well, I do talk with a lot of sounds like that (“oh” “ah” “eugh” “huh” “uh” etc.)

I always expect myself to fail even though it’s impossible since I study so much. It prevents me from being let down. I know I should have more confidence but I don’t, ahah.

I really wanted a perfect score but I misread one of the questions like a fool. I’d take it all over again if I could. There were 120 questions or so, somewhere around that.
I study a lot for long term memory since I think it’s better. Then that way when finals come around, I remember things a lot better than it I crammed it all into my brain.

Ah, but thank you. I’ll have completed this semester with all A’s. That’s if I don’t fail the rest of them, but they’re not too difficult.