I-have-school-tomorrow-and-it-feels-like-its-the-b

From ball of lint: i have school tomorrow and it feels like its the beginning of the end, i dont know how i can continue being happy while trying to balance everything. everything scares me and annoys me. im tired of feeling so many things. i wish i could just disappear

2 Likes

From lostgremlin: I completely understand that school is not easy, all the work and the pressure (often from other people) of being an overachiever gets to us inside. Here’s my strategy for dealing with all of the academic stress while preserving my mental health. I take it one day at a time to prevent it all from getting overwhelming, survive today, do the assignments due tomorrow first, then work my way forward if I have time. Of course, plan ahead and make small due dates for large projects with this strategy. I hope this can help you too, good luck at school tomorrow!

1 Like

Hey friend,

I’m sorry that the thought of going to school tomorrow is bringing so much anxiety and make you feel so overwhelmed. There’s indeed a lot of things to balance at the same time and expectations can be high at school – having to be good at everything can be daunting. I’ve felt personally this type of stress throughout the years of going to school, then being a student, and it’s most of the time such a lonely place to be. I’m proud of you for reaching out today and letting these thoughts out. Please know that you are not alone and we are in this with you.

As a side note, do your parents/legal guardians know about how you feel? Do you think it could be possible to find some support in your family, with your friends or even maybe with a school counselor? How you feel deserves to be heard, and needing some extra emotional support while navigating the rough reality of school would be absolutely okay.

I’m thinking of you today and hope that this day will be filled by peace and joy to you. Take it easy, one step at a time. You will be okay, and at the end of the day you’ll be able to get some needed and well deserved rest. <3

1 Like

Hi ball of lint,
thank you for reaching out.
you are not alone. school can be overwhelming on so many levels. not only with class, friends, people . . also social interactions and media. it gets more and more. from time to time you also need to step aside for yourself.
calm a bit down. are there school communities or a counselor at school that would be there for you ?
you should enjoy those years in life.
you are loved my friend, you matter most :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Hey Friend Im sorry you are struggling so much, is it school work you are struggling with, is it the amount of work or grades? I want you to know that there is not one person in your life that wants you to put so much pressure on yourself that you feel that way without reaching out and saying something to someone. Thank you for reaching out to us of course but is there anyone at school or at home you can speak to? Again I stress to you NO ONE wants you to feel like this so please go and talk to someone. You are loved, valued and most importantly heard. Lisa

1 Like

Hi Friend, It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and I’m sorry you’re feeling so overwhelmed with everything. It makes things seem so hard and scary and it sucks. Trying to stay happy when there is so much to deal with is pretty hard to do, I agree. Have you tried talking to your school counselor or if this is college, the school services department might have some ways to help as well. I feel like asking for help might be a good idea, instead of trying to balance everything alone. You matter! ~Mystrose

1 Like

Hello, I understand that school is not easy. There are many things to think about at the same time, and many times you see how time is running out to do all the jobs. Talking to someone, like a counselor or a friend, has helped me a lot, maybe it could help you too.

1 Like

Ball of lint, School can be overwhelming when you think about the class work, expectations, friendships, and all the things that happen outside of school. Learning how to balance everything is the trick. One thing that is important is making time to truly get good sleep and eat healthy. It gives us the strength to do all of the things there are to do in a day. If you can, try to put your phone on DND when you go to bed. It’s okay to not stay engaged 24/7. If you have a school counselor, would you be comfortable talking to them about how you are feeling? You are worth caring for and you matter. Please let us know how you are doing?

Hi, Ball of Lint; thank you for sharing your feelings on the forum.

I’m sorry you have such negative feelings about going to school. Trying to balance everything can be frightening and frustrating, which can cause the emotions you are experiencing.

I understand how these emotions could make you wish you could disappear. However, your school should have a counsellor who can assist with this. They will help you manage these feelings and find some balance in your school life. If a counsellor is unavailable, talk to a teacher you trust.

I hope you learn to manage your feelings surrounding your schooling, as it is a big part of your life.

Remember that you can always come back to HeartSupport.

Hey friend, just checking in. How did your day at school go? I hope you’re doing well! You’re loved. :heart: