I have the same depression and nobody else seemed

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Dying Song by Slipknot
I have the same depression and nobody else seemed to care about me anymore :sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat:

3 Likes

My heart goes out to you. From one stranger to another, I just want you to know that you do matter. That your words and feelings matter. I care because anyone who feels this way deserves to know that someone out there sees and hears them.
You deserve to know that you do not have to do anything to deserve love and compassion and empathy.

2 Likes

It is very hard to feel like you are just existing and the world around you doesn’t stop to allow you to take time to unbury yourself from this piling rubble.
It’s like there’s so much motion and madness in the world so how could anyone have time to stop and take note or care about our lives?

The great thing about a space like this is that it’s designed for those who feel left behind to be allowed to be seen and brought to the front. There’s genuine love and care in this space and it is for you and anyone who feels like you.

I hope that you feel safe to express yourself, I hope you know that there are people who care and mostly I hope you know that you have been seen and cared about

So sorry friend that you’ve been experiencing that kind of loneliness and isolation all together. It’s awful how depression can create so much distance between the people we love and ourselves. Sometimes by pushing us to isolate or because we wouldn’t have enough energy to connect with others as we used to. And sometimes by feeling completely unseen or misunderstood by the people we look up to, as depression is overwhelmingly present for the one who’s living it, but can remain invisible to people around them. It’s like carrying a freaking veil in front of your eyes that makes everything dark and heavy, but you’re the only one who sees it.

It’s so hard to find the right balance and connections while you are leading your own battlles, and I imagine that it must have been hard for you too. It’s hard because it feels like most people can’t understand or don’t even want to. That somehow, being depressed is scary and pushes people away, even the ones who may have promised to be there. It’s heartbreaking to feel like no one cares, that no one SEE you really or hear your pain, while on your side it feels like everything is tainted by the shadow of depression. It’s like you’re burning inside out but no one notices, making you wonder if people even care about you in the first place. Just brutal.

To echo what our friends said above, it is absolutely true that you deserve to feel safe, loved and cared for, especially as you are dealing with depression, which challenges our connection with others in so many ways. You matter friend. You really do. Rest assured that if you ever need a space to talk, be yourself unapologetically and be seen as you are, with your own part of vulnerability, then you have that space right here. You are loved. :heart: